Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV, Red, 64kWh Premium SE (10.5kW OBC)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently joined the EV club with a brand new 2020 Kona EV 64kWh Premium SE in Red, the one with the 3-phase 10.5kW OBC (yes, I've read about it being a little naughty and shorting out some 3-phase chargers!). We placed the order on 9th July and the vehicle arrived at the dealership on the 14th for us to collect on the 20th - we could have pushed for the 16th if we'd really wanted. Even the dealer was surprised at how quickly it arrived!

We've also had a single-phase ZappiV2 installed for at home charging. So far we're loving both the car and the EV experience - and now we're considering the solar panels and the domestic batteries too!

·
Registered
Kona64
1,388 Posts
Hello --- so to confirm if you look in the nose socket, the type socket has 2 pins at the very bottom ?
I hopefully am getting pulse red next week and it's on my list of things to check. I took an "in stock" offer rather than placing an order so I am ready that mine might not have. It wasn't registered until last week so I am fingers crossed.

Good luck with learning about EV motoring and isn't this forum such a great wealth of help ! I've so many things bookmarked to go back to once I have mine on the driveway.

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV, Red, 64kWh Premium SE (10.5kW OBC)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the Type 2 connector has all pins populated, plus the additional 2 pins on the CCS extension for DC charging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts