Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we are a quarter a way in to 2014 am a little surprised google is not giving me any clues as to...

1.) What locations are likely to be chosen specifically.

2.) Who will run the network? Will it be Ecotricity? If not will there be a charge.

The plan for Chademo linking Holyhead, Birmingham, Liverpool is of particular interest round here. Also the Felixstowe links suggest the A14....effectively an East West Motorway....may get some?

An ideal location on the boat road from Holyhead would be the A5 / A49 intersection at Shrewsbury. Already has 24 hour services.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little, thanks Paul!

The map surprises me in the route it shows from Liverpool to Felixstowe across the Fens. Not ideal freight roads. And crossing existing Ecotricity chargers on A1 (m) and elsewhere I think.

The map does not show Birmingham connected which is one of the places planned for by the rcn. Still maintain the A14 and the A 5 (boat road) are key if they want to achieve the aim of east west and ferry port connections.

Notice the UK contact from July
...mep Brian Simpson. Not sure how integral his role will be but if they want the rcn in place by the end of 2014 as reported elsewhere he will hace 5 months....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts