Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's here! Well in decanter form.

£130 might seem like a lot but it's $250 in the US (including the tequila) equivalent to £182 so not too bad.

(I'll await the sneering from TSLAQ)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Good god.
Americans, eh?
Got to brand everything.
How utterly sad that they are flogging this crap as an "exclusive collectable".

·
Registered
769 Posts
This is what really annoys me.
Elon needs to stick to flogging cars, perhaps getting the quality control up, not allowing hangers-on to sell their "lifestyle" choices for a gullible audience.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,883 Posts
This is what really annoys me.
Elon needs to stick to flogging cars, perhaps getting the quality control up, not allowing hangers-on to sell their "lifestyle" choices for a gullible audience.
I don’t think he personally administers the online store.

He has minions.

Anyway, what’s wrong with being a hanger-on?

·
Registered
769 Posts
He has minions.

Anyway, what’s wrong with being a hanger-on?
Not what I've been told.
I've heard that he personally vets every product on the website.
Coming soon.....
Elon Musk masks for all those people wishing to have the chiselled look of their idol.
Electric vibrators, for the woman who wants to go from 0 to oh, oh, oh in 1.3 seconds.
Tesla spacesuits for the fanboy/girl who can't quite afford a passage to Mars.

As for hangers-on.
Honest answer?
It's people willingly allowing themselves to be lead by a person who might not have their best interests at heart. Musk has built a following of people who think he can do no wrong and wilfully buy whatever tat he puts his corporate name to, when the reality is he's just flogging cars.
Regardless of his statements it all boils down to money.
Lots of money.

If you haven't guessed, I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Or I suppose you could put Ribena in it if you're teetotal 😆
That'll be me then.
Tea, is the answer.
There you go Elon, you can have that one one me.
"Tesla tea, for the man who tries too hard".
I can see I've missed my vocation in life :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not what I've been told.
I've heard that he personally vets every product on the website.
Coming soon.....
Elon Musk masks for all those people wishing to have the chiselled look of their idol.
Electric vibrators, for the woman who wants to go from 0 to oh, oh, oh in 1.3 seconds.
Tesla spacesuits for the fanboy/girl who can't quite afford a passage to Mars.

As for hangers-on.
Honest answer?
It's people willingly allowing themselves to be lead by a person who might not have their best interests at heart. Musk has built a following of people who think he can do no wrong and wilfully buy whatever tat he puts his corporate name to, when the reality is he's just flogging cars.
Regardless of his statements it all boils down to money.
Lots of money.

If you haven't guessed, I'm not a fan.
I know what an arsehole

Elon Musk: "I am accumulating resources to help make life multiplanetary & extend the light of consciousness to the stars"

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,883 Posts
It's the rockets I don't like.

Always exploding.

Like he's got nothing better to do.

Grrrr.

·
Registered
769 Posts
So what are you doing here then?
Got bored of reading about everyones gripes about Brexit and Covid, so thought I'd come and see what the Teslaratti were up to.
It's a forum, do I need some kind of pass to come down here? A password, or special call-sign? Or is it invite only?
If not, I'll go where I like and post my thoughts, or is it only the chosen few who can do that?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah I see now on the item page it says it's out of stock but "Update: Decanter shipments to start in June."

So looks like we won't be getting ours this month. Little disappointing as I ordered in March, Tesla makes you wait for everything I suppose 😁

Will there ever be a time where Tesla is not in massive demand. Where they'll be like other companies and they just have cars sitting at dealers waiting for potential buyers to come along.

Maybe not this decade...

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,652 Posts
Ah I see now on the item page it says it's out of stock but "Update: Decanter shipments to start in June."

So looks like we won't be getting ours this month. Little disappointing as I ordered in March, Tesla makes you wait for everything I suppose 😁

Will there ever be a time where Tesla is not in massive demand. Where they'll be like other companies and they just have cars sitting at dealers waiting for potential buyers to come along.

Maybe not this decade...
We purchased ours off the ship, so not that different I suppose, it wasn’t built to order if you want to put it that way.

·
Registered
171 Posts
This page shows a few hundred model 3s available to order:

Most are 'in transit', but a fair few are marked London, Birmingham, or Belfast. So sort-of now, to answer your question, but of course they do have a different setup where stock is sold by the manufacturer and not by independent or contracted dealers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts