Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Soul EV First Edition 2020
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Soul EV for a week now and I haven't been able to work out how to stop charging without using the UVO app. I think reception is poor at my home location as the UVO app can take some time to connect to the car. I don't want to unplug the car whilst charging as this could reduce the life of the type 2 socket (at 7.2kw it's carrying 32 amps). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
981 Posts
I wouldn't worry about unplugging. When you press the trigger on a type 1 plug, the car should shut off the current. Doesn't type 2 do the same?

·
Super Moderator
7,555 Posts
Pressing "unlock" on the key fob pauses charging on the Niro, is it the same on the Soul?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You can only unplug when the car allows, on the Ioniq it needs a double door open press and then you can remove the plug, otherwise charging restarts and it gets locked again after about 10 seconds.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I've had my Soul EV for a week now and I haven't been able to work out how to stop charging without using the UVO app. I think reception is poor at my home location as the UVO app can take some time to connect to the car. I don't want to unplug the car whilst charging as this could reduce the life of the type 2 socket (at 7.2kw it's carrying 32 amps). Any suggestions?
When you unplug the type 2 connector, you break the proximity circuit first then the control circuit BEFORE the main power connectors. The power connectors will be de-energised.

·
Registered
60 Posts
At least on the Canadian 2021 Soul EV, and at least on a level-1 or level-2 charge cable, by default it locks the charge cable's head into the car so that it won't disengage with the button on the charge cable's head when it's charging (but will once charging is complete). But you can change the default in the menus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts