Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that the Terraclean process would work on the engine of the Ampera? Would it improve efficiency and fuel economy when using the engine? Has anyone tried this? Can it even be used and is there any point?

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone not familiar with it can check it out here.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I think it is more aimed at 'cleaning out' older engines?
it would likely have a positive effect but I doubt it'd be worthwhile on such a modern vehicle.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
How many miles has your car done?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Unlikely to make much difference then, I would suspect. Generally it's reckoned only to be useful on cars with 50k miles or more on the clock, or old cars, or cars run on rubbish fuel. I only run high octane super unleaded from Shell or BP anyway which is effectively doing the same thing over a period of time (as well as giving me noticeably quieter running and a bit better fuel economy).

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unlikely to make much difference then, I would suspect. Generally it's reckoned only to be useful on cars with 50k miles or more on the clock, or old cars, or cars run on rubbish fuel. I only run high octane super unleaded from Shell or BP anyway which is effectively doing the same thing over a period of time (as well as giving me noticeably quieter running and a bit better fuel economy).
i thought it might still be of use if a car had been run mainly on electric and using poor quality fuel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts