Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that if you lease a Tesla you may not have access to the App, is there any truth in this please?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not in my experience; mine is a leased company car and Tesla link the app to an account you provide, but there are a few restrictions. For example, I’m unable to pay for any upgrades (like acceleration boost for LR or heated rear seats for SR+), but most functions are fine. You’ll also find that you cannot see you car in the web browser accessed account, but you can still setup your credit card for paying for superchargers and download your receipts etc.
Apart from that all normal app functions are fine.

·
Registered
Puma GTE > Suzuki Jimny > BMW Z4 > Cupra Leon ST
101 Posts
Not in my experience; mine is a leased company car and Tesla link the app to an account you provide, but there are a few restrictions. For example, I’m unable to pay for any upgrades (like acceleration boost for LR or heated rear seats for SR+), but most functions are fine. You’ll also find that you cannot see you car in the web browser accessed account, but you can still setup your credit card for paying for superchargers and download your receipts etc.
Apart from that all normal app functions are fine.
The rear seats heating is a DLC for which you have to pay extra even though the Hardware is there?

I hate the future....

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The rear seats heating is a DLC for which you have to pay extra even though the Hardware is there?
Yes. This isn't new to Tesla. Even some of the earliest Model S cars for example had the same batteries but were software locked to lower capacities that you could pay to upgrade for example.

·
Registered
517 Posts

I hate the future....
Cineworld are just as bad. The cinema and the seats are already there, they are showing the movie, yet if I want to see it they insist on charging me :)

·
Registered
Puma GTE > Suzuki Jimny > BMW Z4 > Cupra Leon ST
101 Posts
Cineworld are just as bad. The cinema and the seats are already there, they are showing the movie, yet if I want to see it they insist on charging me :)
It is all fun and games until it deactivates the airbags until it can prove you are up to date with your payment...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts