Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Militant EV driver!
4,563 Posts
This is the new post that I was told by another camper they have limited to 5A. It's made by French company Redilec and has a strange key with 5 holes in a cross pattern. I'll be looking to get one of those for next year.

Vehicle Machine Trailer Automotive exterior Car

Here is a mythical Mennekes variable current EVSE brick charging the Model S. I tried to get one of these a few times before we made our own.

Technology Electronic device Wire Gadget Cable

Came across this Renault Sport Spider. Now getting rare and worth a bit, otherwise it would be a great EV conversion candidate.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Renault sport spider Supercar

The Roadster loaded up with extra luggage for the trip to Paris (our van was heading straight back)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tesla roadster Sports car

Out on track before the return trip

Land vehicle Steering part Vehicle Car Steering wheel

Even the van gets in on the action

Automotive mirror Rear-view mirror Vehicle Mirror Car

·
Militant EV driver!
4,563 Posts
very cool and glad to see your DIY EVSE in the background :)
Now about that DIY EVSE...

It worked ok on the first night but after that kept tripping. At first I thought it was due to the low voltage at the campsite dipping below 200, but it did it again in Paris where the voltage was actually near 240V.

It was a good job I had the 13A cable and plenty of time otherwise I would have been bypassing the RCBO to get home.

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now about that DIY EVSE...

It worked ok on the first night but after that kept tripping. At first I thought it was due to the low voltage at the campsite dipping below 200, but it did it again in Paris where the voltage was actually near 240V.
That's a pain... I suggest you change the RCBO because we've had a few failures and have moved to a different brand for all our production.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing !

How did you get on with the boot bag - does it leave marks on the paint with any trapped grit etc ?

·
Militant EV driver!
4,563 Posts
The boot bag was ok but at certain speeds the straps resonate and slowly worked loose. It wasn't dangerous but I stopped a couple of times to tighten them. Then the second time a buckle snapped so I had to improvise and tie the strap on, which actually improved the situation. They are going to replace the bag and I have asked for the larger variant which will fit on the Roadster I am sure. They claim the buckles can take a load of 500kg, so either I am He Man or this is slightly dubious.

I put some pads under the points at the side where the straps touch the car and I haven't seen any sign of paint damage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts