Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Militant EV driver!
4,936 Posts
This is the new post that I was told by another camper they have limited to 5A. It's made by French company Redilec and has a strange key with 5 holes in a cross pattern. I'll be looking to get one of those for next year.

20140611_221607.jpg

Here is a mythical Mennekes variable current EVSE brick charging the Model S. I tried to get one of these a few times before we made our own.

20140614_105917.jpg

Came across this Renault Sport Spider. Now getting rare and worth a bit, otherwise it would be a great EV conversion candidate.

20140614_100443.jpg

The Roadster loaded up with extra luggage for the trip to Paris (our van was heading straight back)

20140615_104554.jpg

Out on track before the return trip

20140616_101121.jpg

Even the van gets in on the action

20140616_101501.jpg

·
Militant EV driver!
4,936 Posts
very cool and glad to see your DIY EVSE in the background :)
Now about that DIY EVSE...

It worked ok on the first night but after that kept tripping. At first I thought it was due to the low voltage at the campsite dipping below 200, but it did it again in Paris where the voltage was actually near 240V.

It was a good job I had the 13A cable and plenty of time otherwise I would have been bypassing the RCBO to get home.

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now about that DIY EVSE...

It worked ok on the first night but after that kept tripping. At first I thought it was due to the low voltage at the campsite dipping below 200, but it did it again in Paris where the voltage was actually near 240V.
That's a pain... I suggest you change the RCBO because we've had a few failures and have moved to a different brand for all our production.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing !

How did you get on with the boot bag - does it leave marks on the paint with any trapped grit etc ?

·
Militant EV driver!
4,936 Posts
The boot bag was ok but at certain speeds the straps resonate and slowly worked loose. It wasn't dangerous but I stopped a couple of times to tighten them. Then the second time a buckle snapped so I had to improvise and tie the strap on, which actually improved the situation. They are going to replace the bag and I have asked for the larger variant which will fit on the Roadster I am sure. They claim the buckles can take a load of 500kg, so either I am He Man or this is slightly dubious.

I put some pads under the points at the side where the straps touch the car and I haven't seen any sign of paint damage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts