Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Personally, I've not heard anything, but why would I
I assume it's still on going
I've heard rumours that things may open up in other countries
(Pretty sure I remember seeing an Elon tweet saying this)
But who knows when that'll happen

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
There was a pilot project where a few chargers in Holland were accessible to non Tesla EV owners. What happened? Has anything come of that?
I was in conversation with Tesla about this.
Unfortunately whoever was on the other end of the messages didn't answer any of my questions but sent me a link to their website and stated that when they open up the trial in other countries the map would show which superchargers etc would become part of the trial.
One would assume you need to sign up for an account but they didn't clarify anything.

I'll try to find the link,

Gaz

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Found it,

I recently asked Tesla about third party access to their network here in the UK having pointed out they are trialing it in other euro countries.

I eventually had an answer from someone who clearly couldn't be bothered to answer the question properly or even read what I had explained.

Anyway... what they did say is we could access their findus network (nothing to do with crispy pancakes) to follow the project.

I'll dig some more info out if it's needed

Gaz

·
Registered
113 Posts
The supercharger is fully open to all in the Netherlands, and on a limited basis in France.

They are seemingly opening it up where there is spare capacity, which is sensible.

Therefore it's very unlikely to open up in the UK anytime soon.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,594 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,594 Posts
Tesla have already opened some Select chargers in Norway , France , Netherlands , and just might be happening too soon in the US

1 - 11 of 11 Posts