Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi new EV Enthusiast friends! I’m happy to find this site and community. I’m a Tesla Model X driver from Ithaca NY and am in Conwy a couple times a year where I have a holiday place. I’ve seen one Tesla in Penmaenmawr but have not successsfully located the owner! Otherwise I’ve seen NO Teslas West of Chester.
But persistent as ever, I’ll keep trying!
I’d love to drive a Tesla here and may rent one on Turo or White Car next trip if that’s possible. But I do rent and drive Volvo’s when visiting, and this time went for a sporty one.
Helps me feel safer on UK roads knowing I’m driving a little tank!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi new EV Enthusiast friends! I’m happy to find this site and community. I’m a Tesla Model X driver from Ithaca NY and am in Conwy a couple times a year where I have a holiday place. I’ve seen one Tesla in Penmaenmawr but have not successsfully located the owner! Otherwise I’ve seen NO Teslas West of Chester.
But persistent as ever, I’ll keep trying!
I’d love to drive a Tesla here and may rent one on Turo or White Car next trip if that’s possible. But I do rent and drive Volvo’s when visiting, and this time went for a sporty one.
Helps me feel safer on UK roads knowing I’m driving a little tank!
Welcome to life on the right side of the road! :)
Volvo is a little tank.
Model X is a big tank. (y)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
There are no Teslas west of Chester because there are few if any places to plug EVs in despite the presence of endless renewable generation sites, two ex nuclear generation sites and a huge pumped storage hydro station. It can hardly be down to lack of infrastructure capacity.

More down to the slow grinding wheels of the Welsh Government who for all their protestations and sabre rattling around sustainable future generations, don't seem to see promoting EV use as a priority to invest in.

Better to give relocation grants to Aston Martin / TVR (those two well known forward thinking fossil guzzling monsters of the past) and to buy and run an airport to foster even more unnecessary fossil guzzling.

Sorry rant over, welcome to sunny Wales, it's a fantastic place to live regardless of all the above. :)

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
@Gif There are Tesla owners in North Wales as most charge at home and there are lots of destination chargers!

@Zöe Hare Hopefully if you visit some of the places with Tesla destination chargers (see map below) you will spot some more :)

Screenshot_20181026-150919.png

Reactions: Gif

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
@Gif There are Tesla owners in North Wales as most charge at home and there are lots of destination chargers!
I was being ever so slightly sarcastic there! There aren't many Teslas in Wales from what I see, one or two nearby me in South Wales and the lack of any use of the supercharge network on the M4 tends to reinforce this perception.

Have to say I love the rest of Wales but unless you happen to be specifically going to a destination with a charge point it's a right faff getting around, Tesla or no Tesla :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
There are a few around. Saw one charging in Aberdaron a couple of years back.
That's about as far west as you can get :)
The NT car parks usually have ZeroNet destination chargers on the Llŷn peninsular.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts