Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I am looking for a rear Tesla drivetrain for a EV project. if anyone is selling or parting out a Tesla please get in touch.

Located in the UK and willing to travel in Europe if needed to pick one up.

many Thank

Tom

·
Registered
991 Posts
"parting out" sounds American/Euro American?your rough location might help your search.

Speak EV is a mainly UK based forum,with visitors/members from all around the world though,so you could get lucky.

Wrecked/crash damaged/repairable Tesla`s/Tesli here in the UK are very very rare but they do come up from time to time.

Welcome to Speak EV,get a project page going and very best of luck :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I recently contacted a UK breakers selling some Tesla parts, most had gone, the battery pack went for £10k, the motor etc went for a piffling £2.5k and the charger for £1k.
Not found anything else, I was looking for a customer who is considering a classic conversion.
I would love to convert / build a GT40 with a Tesla power unit. What a blast that would be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the responses so far, I am located in the UK i guess all the googling for parts has paid its toll, Ive updated my Post to reflect this.

Once i get the project underway i will defiantly be documenting it and sharing what i do.

It appears getting hold of one in the states is fairly easy.
That would be a really cool conversation

·
Premium Member
11,412 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The UK copart auctions for Model s have got way over £20k, its going to have to be a really badly damaged one to be worthwhile stripping. US seems the best option, I have seen a few repairable salvage go for $30+k in the US so probably less than a UK price. No idea what breakers would go for in the US. But copart have loads on the US site mostly salvage, but a breaker like this would be wirth following.
Copart USA - Online Live Vehicle Auctions - Bid & Win

Quite a lot of UK salvage gets exported to Europe. We are a lot cheaper here than Europe, you can generally buy complete running usable cars in the UK for less than salvage from Germany. With lower eastern european labour rates, rebuilding damaged vehciles with UK sourced salvage is worthwhile, and Russia is an excellent market for high end cars, seemingly they are unconcerned about them being RHD, or even having provenance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeremy,

Thank you for the advice, this explains why we have been struglging, i guess we will just need to keep our ears to the ground and have a little bit of hope.

I have looked at importing one form the states, i have found one but with the dollar pound atm it made it quite expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts