Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ops....is this going to open the flood gates for court action across Europe and the world?

Super Moderator
Horrible clickbait journalism - it's 30 cars. And Tesla didn't enter any defence. To be honest the lost value from your car being a smoking husk is more significant than new software that understands the actual physical degradation of your battery better than the old software!

Registered
Ops....is this going to open the flood gates for court action across Europe and the world?

Good! Teslas attitude throughout this was shocking and really proved they are not a consumer focussed company.

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
Horrible clickbait journalism - it's 30 cars. And Tesla didn't enter any defence. To be honest the lost value from your car being a smoking husk is more significant than new software that understands the actual physical degradation of your battery better than the old software!
It is not 30 cars. Please read carefully, if you are going to post ... The court case is from 30 car owners. The award is to all affected Model S in Norway. I'm not sure about the number but it is around 10000.

*Note: Tesla can still appeal though. My understanding is that they lost the court case, simply by default, as they did not show up/put up a defence.

Registered
VW ID3 Tour

Super Moderator
It is not 30 cars. Please read carefully, if you are going to post ... The court case is from 30 car owners. The award is to all affected Model S in Norway. I'm not sure about the number but it is around 10000.

*Note: Tesla can still appeal though. My understanding is that they lost the court case, simply by default, as they did not show up/put up a defence.
Det vil si at hvis alle disse kundene g氓r til sak mot selskapet kan dette koste Tesla 1,36 milliarder kroner.

"This means that if all these customers sue the company, this could cost Tesla NOK 1.36 billion."

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
Det vil si at hvis alle disse kundene g氓r til sak mot selskapet kan dette koste Tesla 1,36 milliarder kroner.

"This means that if all these customers sue the company, this could cost Tesla NOK 1.36 billion."
Yeah, I'm no even sure what you mean with this...

I'm going to guess that you mean the rest of the owners will have to sue Tesla again?!?! I'm afraid it doesn't work like that as in most countries there is something like the PPI scandal in the UK. The result of the court ruling is applicable to all affected, not only the plaintiffs. Exactly the same way as the PPI legislation. All anyone had to do is prove that they were affected, and they were entitled to compensation.

In the Tesla case, you have to show that you own such a car, and you get the same payout as anyone else.

Super Moderator
Yeah, I'm no even sure what you mean with this...

I'm going to guess that you mean the rest of the owners will have to sue Tesla again?!?! I'm afraid it doesn't work like that as in most countries there is something like the PPI scandal in the UK. The result of the court ruling is applicable to all affected, not only the plaintiffs. Exactly the same way as the PPI legislation. All anyone had to do is prove that they were affected, and they were entitled to compensation.

In the Tesla case, you have to show that you own such a car, and you get the same payout as anyone else.
Ok pal you do you.

Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zo毛 Q210 dynamique intens
Ok pal you do you.
Hmm I鈥檓 not so good with international law but I guess by the phraseology 鈥渋f all these customers sue鈥 that that means this isn鈥檛 blanket legislation?

Although if there has been a test case Tesla would be foolhardy not to honour the ruling providing they don鈥檛 successfully appeal.

Any clarity on this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts