Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, has anyone covered there excess when Tesla has provided a loaner.

They gave me a model X but they are saying the excess is £2500

Don't fancy the bill if anything happens.

Any advise. ???

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,008 Posts
Hello all, has anyone covered there excess when Tesla has provided a loaner.

They gave me a model X but they are saying the excess is £2500

Don't fancy the bill if anything happens.

Any advise. ???
Any excess/courtesy vehicle insurance cover would normally have to be taken out before you accepted the loaner.

Would your own vehicle’s insurance cover this? You may need to look at your policy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any excess/courtesy vehicle insurance cover would normally have to be taken out before you accepted the loaner.

Would your own vehicle’s insurance cover this? You may need to look at your policy.
No I've spoken to them and no I'm not covered, they told me about the excess as they passed me the keys. Excess insurance policies mostly cover hire cars only not courtesy cars.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,008 Posts
I’m with Insurance4carhire to cover my ONTO evezy Zoe car hire excess and they cover courtesy cars as well. That’s why I wasn’t worried when I had a Model S loaner when my M3P hire car was in for repairs for three weeks.

Unfortunately they didn’t forewarn you, and it may be too late now, unless you could return the loaner, and borrow it again straight away, As it’s a Model X, it may be more than the maximum vehicle value that they will cover. I was ok with the S, but an X is worth a lot more.

Edit: Just checked and appears that they cover vehicles up to a value of £120k. If you’re really concerned, may be worth exploring the possibility of taking out the insurance one day, then returning the X officially, and signing the documents again to get it back. Check the small print to see any time gap needed between taking out the insurance and getting the vehicle that you want to cover.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m with Insurance4carhire to cover my ONTO evezy Zoe car hire excess and they cover courtesy cars as well. That’s why I wasn’t worried when I had a Model S loaner when my M3P hire car was in for repairs for three weeks.

Unfortunately they didn’t forewarn you, and it may be too late now, unless you could return the loaner, and borrow it again straight away, As it’s a Model X, it may be more than the maximum vehicle value that they will cover. I was ok with the S, but an X is worth a lot more.

Edit: Just checked and appears that they cover vehicles up to a value of £120k. If you’re really concerned, may be worth exploring the possibility of taking out the insurance one day, then returning the X officially, and signing the documents again to get it back. Check the small print to see any time gap needed between taking out the insurance and getting the vehicle that you want to cover.
Glad I never bought one, it's like the bat mobile on steroids 🤣🤣 covered from 12am 18/08 so all good thanks for the link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts