Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, new to the forum so forgive me if I'm asking something that's been dealt with before on here.

I'm looking at ordering a Tesla M3 Performance on a business lease (UK) and can't help but be distracted by the fact that I can get the top spec I-Pace for exactly the same monthly cost (approx £675/month+VAT) based on 3 months up front and 15k miles per year. List price of Tesla = £56k; list price of I-Pace = £76k. I guess some of this must be down to perceived depreciation rates (although will Tesla depreciate that much more than Jag??) but I am just wondering what else explains the disparity? If it's simply a case of lease companies profiteering on current high demand for M3 then do I wait for a couple of months for the dust to settle? Any thoughts/ideas gratefully received.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not be surprised if I-Pace rates are being subsidised by JLR either through discounts to leasing companies or through buy back guarantees..

Here is a comparative running cost calculation from fleet news;

View attachment 125152
Interesting - so the I-Pace actually has significantly greater depreciation. As you say, perhaps a reaction by JLR to try and combat the success of the M3
8"]
I would not be surprised if I-Pace rates are being subsidised by JLR either through discounts to leasing companies or through buy back guarantees..

View attachment 125152
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
304 Posts

View attachment 125152
I am sure the M3P is insurance group 50. Why is there fuel per mile for the Audi and Jag?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Tesla has never played the game of high "List Price" plus large "hidden" discounts.......

I expect jag is giving very large discounts to lease companies on the top spec cars, while overcharging cush customers for the options.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tesla has never played the game of high "List Price" plus large "hidden" discounts.......

I expect jag is giving very large discounts to lease companies on the top spec cars, while overcharging cush customers for the options.
Well I have to say having looked at both cars £76k headline price for the Jag seems crazy versus £56k for the Tesla. I guess I just ignore the lease price anomaly and go with the car that suits me best.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The problem with large headline prices is when it comes to BIK tax (at least before it goes to 0%) and how big a discount the normal punter gets. I am not very good with haggling and love the Tesla model where everything is transparent. Even the number of optional extras you have to pay with the mainstream manufacturers is crazy.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Even with the same lease price and large list price, i would be leaning towards the Tesla because of the supercharging network and in car entertainment.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The build quality/sound dampening of the ipace is nothing special, I was expecting far more "luxury" than it has and I didn't get on with the in car entertainment system at all, very clunky. The audi is a lot better in that respect, but costs and weighs a lot more.
If I were purchasing in cash and the P+ and i-pace were exactly the same price, I'd buy the Tesla, it's equal or better on just about all aspects other than height off the ground and probably more chance you may need a service call to correct initial handover issues.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Even with the same lease price and large list price, i would be leaning towards the Tesla because of the supercharging network and in car entertainment.
Not forgetting the far greater performance, range and specs of the M3P!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Having sat in an ipace (haven't driven) I can say it feels very cramped compared to the model 3. Also buttons everywhere... If you like a good UX and functional software updates I'd suggest the model 3
Couldn't agree more, especially on the perceived internal volume.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts