Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bjorn Nyland has posted a new video which exposed an endless list of issues on his 2013 Tesla Model S .

Every prospective owner should take a look.

Can the technology make up for all the rest that doesn't age too well?
Time for Elon Musk to follow a course on EWIS and metal corrosion?

·
Registered
2015 BMW i3 REx 60ah, Solar Orange
120 Posts
No fan of Elon Musk or Tesla, but any car at 200k miles is going to throw up a few surprises. There will be Audi A6 owners in awe of a 7 year old car with working air suspension!

Don't Denmark do MOTs? The suspension arms would be an advisory, rear number plate lights a fail, brake pipes excessive corrosion would be a fail, door handles would be a fail.

The window scuttle would sort that air cabin filter which frankly could have waked to the bin. 2 years? In my experience it gets overlooked.

·
Registered
762 Posts
They have vastly improved their manufacturing over the past 7 years.

Heck my 2019 Model 3 is probably looking outdated and primitive compared to what they're producing now. The incremental improvements they've made and continue to make with every few thousand cars they make is quite impressive.

So yeah there probably are issues with that very early Model S which has had quite a life. Not many cars ever see 200,000 miles before hitting the scrap heap.

·
Registered
VW ID3
40 Posts
Not to mention that on snowy countries the salt really speeds up degradation and corrosion.
Here in Portugal because of taxes there was a race to 2nd hand German and Swiss cars a few years ago. People only realised many of those issues when they had to go to the MOT.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
818 Posts
Bjorn Nyland has posted a new video which exposed an endless list of issues on his 2013 Tesla Model S .

Every prospective owner should take a look.

Can the technology make up for all the rest that doesn't age too well?
Time for Elon Musk to follow a course on EWIS and metal corrosion?
Norway climate + 200k = nothing out of the ordinary here

Sent from my M2002J9E using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,737 Posts
There's nothing terrible at all. 250,000 miles and 7 years.

Looks like it's wise to check the cabin filter seal and also rust protect a few things basically.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,562 Posts
You can buy a brand new EV today from a German manufacturer that has a high likelihood of leaving you stranded by the side of the road.

So if this thing will drive it’s doing fairly well...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I took my frunk out to have a look after seeing this vid. I also have a 2015 car. Apart from being a bit dirty (it is open to the elements). I did not have any of the issues they showed. My car only has 56k miles and the UK won’t have the amount of salt on the roads that Norway have (although do Norway even bother salting their roads?).
The only thing that looks like could be a worry is the top of the suspension wishbone. I gave it a rub down with a wire brush and added Hammerite. I gave the bay a washdown with a hose (not high pressure).
Given I intend to keep the car until it dies, I think I will do this annually after the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.