Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we identified that a small number of our chargers installed in the UK were not working with the Tesla Model 3. This was an edge case scenario and over the weekend we have identified the root of the problem.

Unfortunately, there are still some instances of customers unable to charge their Model 3 and we kindly ask them to get in touch with our Support team immediately so that we can replace their charging unit free of charge.

We understand the importance of having a working charging unit and will reimburse any EO customers that have had to use public chargers or the Tesla Supercharger network as an alternative.

If you are facing any issues when charging your Tesla Model 3, please contact us on [email protected] and provide us with the Serial No. of your charger and your 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). If you’d prefer to speak to us on the phone, please use +44(0)333 77 20382

We can assure customers that the above issue has now been addressed and we are confident that there will not be future issues for Tesla drivers when using an EO charger.

Many thanks,
Charlie Jardine
EO Charging

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi @ringi, the issue was a particularly hardware component that was used in an isolated number of chargers. It's now been substituted for an alternative to prevent any future problems!

Have you been lucky enough to take delivery of a Model 3 recently?

Cheers,
Miles

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had my replacement charger installed this evening, unfortunately the issue remains.

The light on the charger starts flashing green, the Tesla T on the charge door goes blue and the screen displays ready to charge.

Is anyone in the Altrincham/Warrington area able to help me test the cable?

Much appreciated

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had my replacement charger installed this evening, unfortunately the issue remains.

The light on the charger starts flashing green, the Tesla T on the charge door goes blue and the screen displays ready to charge.

Is anyone in the Altrincham/Warrington area able to help me test the cable?

Much appreciated
Good morning,

Can I suggest that you contact our support team first to see if we can identify the issue? Please call us on +44 (0)333 7720383 or [email protected] - we'd be happy to support in getting an installer out to you to resolve this.

Many thanks,
Miles

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Installed chargers should be tested at the time of installation, aka commissioned, to ensure compliance with IEC standard in terms of vehicle / EVSE communications.

This thread suggests that EOs installers don't bother with this step. Alternatively Tesla M3 don't comply with IEC standard for mode 3 charging. Either way it's not a good situation.

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed chargers should be tested at the time of installation, aka commissioned, to ensure compliance with IEC standard in terms of vehicle / EVSE communications.

This thread suggests that EOs installers don't bother with this step. Alternatively Tesla M3 don't comply with IEC standard for mode 3 charging. Either way it's not a good situation.
Hi Freddy,

Thanks for your message - this is the first model-wide issue we've had at EO Charging. All of our installers test the charger once it's commissioned, although this can be problematic if the customer has not had their Model 3 delivered.

As you'll see from the statement above, we have offered to replace all chargers free of charge and reimburse any customers that had to use public chargers in the meantime. We are committed to supporting all of our customers and have been working extensively to identify the root cause of the issue.

Am I correct in thinking you have an EO charger installed at home?

Many thanks,
Miles

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd just like to say, the panic is over, it was installer user error, a small switch wasn't adjusted that should of been as part of the setup, this is now fixed and I'm charging perfectly.

Kudos to everyone at EO for helping with this. First class customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts