Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm a week into owning my M3 Performance and loving it so far. This may be a stupid question, but with the DAB radio, would I be wrong to assume that instead of a grey box with the station name in it (in small font) I should have the media logo for the relevant station. Fairly small point but would make life easier for changing station "at a glance". The media logos seem to appear with Tunein, but not via DAB. Is there a setting I need to tweak or am I expecting too much?!

TIA

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,568 Posts
I'm the same on DAB, I wasn't expecting it though but it would be nice and possibly easier to identify which button is which rather than trying to read it. If there is a setting then I've missed it too.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi all. I'm a week into owning my M3 Performance and loving it so far. This may be a stupid question, but with the DAB radio, would I be wrong to assume that instead of a grey box with the station name in it (in small font) I should have the media logo for the relevant station. Fairly small point but would make life easier for changing station "at a glance". The media logos seem to appear with Tunein, but not via DAB. Is there a setting I need to tweak or am I expecting too much?!

TIA
Does it look like this?
IMG_20200322_130537~2.jpg

Only logos I have were for TuneIn and Spotify. But in the ipace I get the full colour logo for the station. Can't say I noticed until you mentioned it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it look like this? View attachment 139082
Only logos I have were for TuneIn and Spotify. But in the ipace I get the full colour logo for the station. Can't say I noticed until you mentioned it.
Yes that's it. My 4 year old BMW displays the logos with DAB so just slightly surprising the high tec Tesla can't/won't. Maybe something to come in the future... in the meantime I'll have to wear my reading specs in the car!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes that's it. My 4 year old BMW displays the logos with DAB so just slightly surprising the high tec Tesla can't/won't. Maybe something to come in the future... in the meantime I'll have to wear my reading specs in the car!
Use your voice commands, that always works flawlessly 🤣

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
245 Posts
Use your voice commands, that always works flawlessly 🤣
What you saying is that if he speaks to the car he doesn't need his glasses? 😂😂😂
If I can get rid off mine I am buying a Tesla 🤣

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Given that there are rumours of radio support going away plus the US centric priorities (eg. Spotify was crap for years before Americans had to use it) I wouldn't hold your breath for it changing.

It doesn't even do RDS TA which every car I've owned since 2006 has had..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts