·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think folks? :eek:

·
Registered
987 Posts
This option not showing on phone/iPad version of the configurator, only full self drive..

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,583 Posts
The terminology is in a right mess.

• Autopilot (cool - it drives itself!)
  • Enhanced autopilot (hmm ok so “autopilot” isn’t actually autopilot then?)
  • Traffic aware cruise control (hold up - what? So “autopilot” doesn’t even include cruise control that’s aware of traffic!?)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The terminology is in a right mess.

• Traffic aware cruise control (hold up - what? So “autopilot” doesn’t even include cruise control that’s aware of traffic!?)
It does.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You can see how they get into a mess over things like premium connectivity going and did they or did they not tell people (thinking about the TACC confusion).

So for £3,400 you get lane change and parking, plus Nav on AP which seems to be just take you of at an exit and you have to take over anyway in the UK and summon which shuffles the car back and forth. Thats damn expensive really. My wifes car had BMWs driver assist professional which does pretty much everything a Tesla offers for £2k - and it works quite well, and its getting an over the air update in Nov to include traffic lights and junction exit.

Then FSD on top is just traffic lights and city street driving (one day,. maybe) and the insurance of a hardware upgrade in the future should it be needed. That £3,400 insurance policy is quite steep. Thats damn expensive again.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I'm confused. If these are now upgrades, does that mean all cars sold from now on will no longer come with TACC or normal autopilot as standard? You have to purchase them as extras?
No.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hmmm interesting. So technically all we'd actually get for the £3,400 package is 3 out of the 4 items listed then: Auto lane change, autopark and summon. 'Navigate on autopilot' already comes as standard.

Personally I think that's incredibly steep and not worth it considering that summon is just a gimmick and is incredibly restricted due to EU regulations.

I also find it misleading to put TACC in the £6,800 package as though it's not already included as standard.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Tend to agree. You can't drive them without your hands on the wheel anyway otherwise you'll get a different kind of summons and points on your licence.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts