Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Which would you choose for 2yr lease? Tesla Model 3 Performance or Jaguar iPace S

• Jaguar iPace S

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Tesla Model 3 Performance

Votes: 28 73.7%

• Total voters
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hello all, I’d be grateful for your honest opinions as to what you would do in my position.

Both these choices are a 2yr, salary sacrifice lease, 10000miles/yr, charge point installed at home. No other choice of spec/colour etc. Price is the monthly reduction in my take home pay and includes insurance, servicing, tyres, breakdown cover etc. Either car will only be available in April/May

Tesla Model 3 Performance, White, £329 per month

Jaguar iPace S, Corris Grey, the basic Sport seats (“8 way”) £324 per month

I’ve driven the Jag, and liked it, but can’t easily test drive the Tesla.

Loyalties aside, what would you do in my position?

Thanks in advance.
Would you mind telling me which salary sacrifice car scheme this is through please? We have access to the NHS Fleet Solutions one but neither of these seem to be offered at the moment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jaguar for the drive, also for my company lease car there is additional restrictions on who can drive (over 30’s only for Tesla) and they had warned me about excessive time to repair if I opted for Tesla and there was any bodywork damage. I have ordered Jaguar.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Would you mind telling me which salary sacrifice car scheme this is through please? We have access to the NHS Fleet Solutions one but neither of these seem to be offered at the moment.
It is NHS Fleet Solutions but both sold out in days, unsurprisingly. If you phone them, they can arrange a lease on cars not listed on the website database. It is worth checking the “Electric offers” regularly as the good deals appear randomly but are short lived.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It is NHS Fleet Solutions but both sold out in days, unsurprisingly. If you phone them, they can arrange a lease on cars not listed on the website database. It is worth checking the “Electric offers” regularly as the good deals appear randomly but are short lived.
That must have been 700 I-Pace’s then...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That must have been 700 I-Pace’s then...
I wonder if that’s the same deal or a new one (the original “cheap” iPace offer was before Christmas and the Tesla M3P was last week.) The iPace I’ve been offered is a 2yr lease, not the 3yrs in the article.

I know it’s been hugely popular; just chatting to colleagues today 3 have ordered iPace and 2 Tesla.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I wonder if that’s the same deal or a new one (the original “cheap” iPace offer was before Christmas and the Tesla M3P was last week.) The iPace I’ve been offered is a 2yr lease, not the 3yrs in the article.

I know it’s been hugely popular; just chatting to colleagues today 3 have ordered iPace and 2 Tesla.
Must be a new deal then as its only just hit the press in the last day or two.
Makes me wish I worked for the NHS ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Thanks for all the responses.

In the end, the choice was made for me: Both the "cheap" iPaces and the Teslas "sold out" in no time but I got one of the cheap iPaces on a "reserve list" (I was top of a long list). The reserve list is because people accept a quote online but then don't follow-through or cancel (probably many did when the Tesla offer appeared.)

I need a hatchback anyway: Model Y might be a good future option.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its prob the way i would have gone if i had to choose between the them
i eventually went for the Audi Etron Launch Edition as the family car and then went for a sporty EV when’s its play time

21 - 30 of 30 Posts