Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Tesla Model S 90D - 2016, 6500 miles only! High Spec!

For Sale 
9K views 57 replies 25 participants last post by  TJEV 
#1 · (Edited)

Used Tesla Model S | Wigan | Chorley Electric

Tesla Model S 90D AWD

Fantastic example, with incredibly low mileage of just 6567 miles from new.

Great specification:
Range Upgrade
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels (including full sized spare)
Grey Next Generation Seats
Carbon Fibre Decor
Matching Yacht Floor
Black Alcantara Headlining
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot
Premium Interior and Lighting
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Security Package

Total price when new was £89,580.

This car has very low mileage, and is in perfect condition. A very well pampered car, from a mature owner.

Available from our Wigan dealership for just £54,950.

Finance and Part Exchange available. Delivery can be arranged throughout the UK.

See less See more
#10 ·
PCP on used cars is generally a bad deal. Spread out the payments with a personal loan for 4 or 5 years. All you need now is your Ampera + £40,000 cash to get the payments in range :)

Reactions: Miles Roberts
#21 ·
Here in US it is a well known fact that free supercharging on the older cars stays with car.
There is a utuber that got a used model x and it has free supercharging for life.
That is huge in USA, you could drive it everywhere . Tesla just drops support and all benefits as soon as there are any crashes. So they know these free supercharge cars will diminish quickly.

#23 ·
I have at 2015 90D now at 94k miles and still going strong. Only issues have been two suspension arms (possibly my fault due to kerbing at high speed), a driver's door handle that became jerky (replaced by Tesla for free out of warranty), a frunk latch that started jamming, and most recently the 12V battery warning has come up. It's been totally reliable to date (finds a piece of wood to touch) matching my other most reliable car - a 2nd gen Prius - and beating all others - including a gen 3 Prius. Best car I've ever owned.

#24 ·
Darn it, I’m about £30k light here: looks a great spec for a fair price!
Wonder if the fella popped ludicrous mode in there for giggles?

Reactions: Miles Roberts
#30 ·
Pretty much giving it away at this price!
Quote of the day?

£10k drop since it was first listed and there had to be at least £5k profit still in there.

I'd love a Tesla, but not at Stealer prices. :(

oops apologies, for some reason i didn't realise I was in the sales section. Drop another £10k, give me a favourable trade in and we might be talking.

#33 ·
Quote of the day?

£10k drop since it was first listed and there had to be at least £5k profit still in there.

I'd love a Tesla, but not at Stealer prices. :(

oops apologies, for some reason i didn't realise I was in the sales section. Drop another £10k, give me a favourable trade in and we might be talking.
Actually, the current price represents a slight loss, but we don't like stock to sit around.

We don't make the margins you think!

#31 ·
Price reduced to £56,995, in response to Tesla's new pricing strategy. Pretty much giving it away at this price!
It will be interesting to see how second hand, er sorry, pre-owned, Tesla prices react in the next few months, especially with many of the so called 'premium' manufacturers moving into the EV market with high-end offerings.

#32 ·
They may be moving into it but then delivery slots are not easy to come by and remember all those issues Tesla had at the start with build quality and bugs.... Some may have quality to a decent standard already bit software bugs, I'll wait to see how it plays out. Nissan missed a trick not doing s premium vehicle and big pack yonks ago lol

#34 ·
Curious now.....how does warranty work for this: does it have the “CPO” one I read of that resets things and give full cover?
& what would the WLTP range figures be for this model (if you can figure out....I assume there are Tesla range numbers available?)

#53 ·
Any answers to this?

AP1 does 90% of my driving at the moment, the other 10% I don’t want the car doing as it is the enjoyable bit!
& any short summary of AP1 v AP2? I understand Tesla moved to some new system, but what in reality does AP1 do......and what does it not do that they now do?

#35 ·
Unbelievably, this car is still not sold, despite multiple expressions of interest. Price has now been dropped to £54,950, which makes it one of the cheapest in the UK - with such a low mileage, free road tax, and free supercharging, surely this is the one to buy??

#36 ·
Surprising, maybe the S second hand market is stalling as people want a new 3 instead? Also a quick check shows its not taxed/sorn and first MOT was due in March?

#37 ·
MoT will be done as soon as it's sold, so the buyer doesn't lose any of the 12 months. The tax doesn't transfer with the owner, so once it was bought off the previous owner, it's been sat without tax at our dealership (will be test driven on trade plates).

#38 ·
It's a used AP1 car that's £10,000 more expensive than a new FSD Model 3...

#41 ·
I do wonder what'll happen to the S prices over the next year or so. Bets on £20k?

Edit: More realistically, £30k for AP1, £40-ish for AP2.

#42 ·
I think having no MOT is off putting. I understand why it hasn't been done.

I also noticed that when you do an autotrader search it's not under the P90d model designation which it should be if it is the performance model. That may be why it's not finding a home too. It doesn't come up under 90d either. Only when you search for a plain model S. The lack of information of exactly what options are on it are again off putting. I'd take the time to list them all. It's not got all the usual info appearing about performance, dimensions, and the usual stuff most adverts have that are provided automatically.

The Model 3 performance is similar in ability and brand new so I think it's going to be tough to get it away for over £50k as good as it is. Especially if like me you feel that the Model S is just a bit too much of a porker and the Model 3 might be more easy to live with day to day (stupid stuck on screen not withstanding)

Luxury VED is £1600 so off putting for the 3 but free supercharging is some benefit on the S but with the 90 packs it's a double edged sword as supercharging speeds are reduced over use on those packs to protect the battery.

It's the right colour, right interior and one of the preferred specs but would I want to drop £55k on it when I could drop the same on a brand new Model 3 performance (more or less). Or get the long range for under £50k?

#44 ·
I also noticed that when you do an autotrader search it's not under the P90d model designation which it should be if it is the performance model. ...
It isn't, it is a 90D, I think the mysteries of Autotrader listings and what is and isn't there is not peculiar to Tesla's but since I spend more time looking at them than anything else, there are lots of listing errors... lots and lots.

#43 ·
Can't blame them for not wanting too much of a loss though. They were just unlucky enough to buy it at the wrong time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.