Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just awesome performance... 0-60 around 4 secs, terminal 1/4 mile speed over 110mph... that is 0-110mph in under 400 yds and a little over 12 seconds!!!!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Thats pretty neat for sure and you can bet that the Dodge Viper wasnt standard either, you can be pretty sure that the Tesla is, a P85 performance model with a hack, imagine that! its funny even in my little Leaf you can play with some pretty big cars, I raced a brand new range rover vogue, it was so interesting I totally nailed it up to 60, and just like the viper you can really see the car drop back through gear changes.

The instant and unrelenting acceleration that you get from an EV is very addictive, the new BMW I3 is very addictive and so very snappy, its going to be funny as so many boy racers are going to be trounced by mums coming back from the school run! hilarious.

I have yet to be beaten at the traffic light grand prix, sure there are a lot of cars out there that can but most run of the mill ICE cars cant take off like an EV.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I really don t understand this fixation with racing model S against all these other cars, the viper is built for speed in a straight line, why is everyone trying to prove that some road going missile is faster than a tesla when clearly from all the videos, none of them are :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps because it is fun? Well I think it is anyway :)

Aside from that, there is a fairly common misconception that EVs are slow. I see a lot of surprise when I tell people how fast they are. There iare still a fair number of people that think "milk float" or "golf buggy" when they hear EV... stunts like this just goes some way towards showing that they are every bit as fast, or faster, than the ICE icons they know and love.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yes, but rather than win people over to how fast EVs are that just p**ses them off that they got trashed! ...and would they even know it was electric anyway? I am sure they wouldn't notice how quiet it is over the sound of their own revving ICE!

The traffic light get away certainly is fun (I do it all the time when it is safe) but it does nothing really to help with EV take up... I think that the Dodge Viper vs Model S video will make people realise.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The instant and unrelenting acceleration that you get from an EV is very addictive, ...
Sure is. Constant Thrust is the phrase I use when describing it to people. Nice macho feel to it! I also say it's like having launch control permanently enabled - BMW drivers can associate with that.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
I've trounced many a jumped up ICE but my favorite scalp was some middle aged boy racer in an Evo 10.

There's a roundabout on the way to work with traffic lights on it. I know if I floor it the second the lights change, I can get across the next set as they change to red. This idiot pulled up alongside in the wrong lane and gave it some revs. The look on his face in the rear view mirror as I made the next lights and he didn't was priceless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts