Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
YUCK!

I love the Tesla brand, but that is pretty horrible. Then again, I am extremely prejudiced against soft-roaders - I absolutely hate them. Tesla should have concentrated on the focus-sized affordable car before trotting out another chelsea tractor.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I actually quite like it, but I do think maybe Tesla (and other EV makers) need to rethink the concept of a "grille", it's not required in the same way, surely they can be more creative?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I actually quite like it, but I do think maybe Tesla (and other EV makers) need to rethink the concept of a "grille", it's not required in the same way, surely they can be more creative?
agree however I did see a concept car with no grill just a smooth front and it looked wrong. Even the leaf has a fake grill, I suspect for the same reasons

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a recent post on NASDAQ;

Given the popularity of the Model S, it's reasonable to assume the Model X will be popular. Sources have said there are already more than 8,000 reservations for the Model X, despite the fact it will not be delivered to customers until late 2014, with the majority coming in 2015. In a research note earlier this year, Jefferies analyst Elaine Kwei highlighted how popular it could be. "Based on early customer indications, TSLA believes the Model X could be as popular as the Model S (the SUV derivative of a sedan typically sells approximately half the volume)," Kwei wrote in a research note earlier this year. "The current production line could be doubled to 80k-100k units"

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/teslas-model-x-paves-way-for-future-growth-cm287135

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
I think that it is right for them to do the Model X next because it shares enough with the Model S that it is relatively cheap to develop and can be easily built on the same line as the S if required (indeed I expect they will have two or more lines running producing S and X as per demand). As it is also an 'expensive' vehicle it will help bring in the money to develop the Model E. The E also brings a major problem... it will be expected to sell in vast quantities for an EV, and they are likely to be able to sell as many as they can build. The limiting factor will be batteries. This is why Elon is planning to build a huge battery factory. The Model E won't work yet as it couldn't sell in a volume higher than the S because production will be limited by battery availability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts