Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered Model 3 Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive on 30 August (white, standard trim) and collecting car from Leeds on Saturday, September 26. Do you think I was just lucky (COVID etc) as I keep reading about people waiting months for their car?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Not at end quarter they dont :) Tesla prepare for end of quarter for weeks and build up some inventory, then move heaven and earth to maximise cars delivered before quarter end...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you think I was just lucky (COVID etc) as I keep reading about people waiting months for their car?
Or years as some people were still waiting for their day one order but at the end of last year mine took 7 working days from deposit to delivery day! Totally caught me by surprise and I still had my previous BMW i3 sat on the drive.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not particularly, it all depends on your spec, whether they already have it built, whether it is already here or on it's way over. If there are none left and you need to wait it to be built then it can take many months, if it's already here you can get it in a few days is probably the quickest.

·
EGGY
1,387 Posts
8 days for my LR in March

·
Registered
30 Posts
I initially ordered in May and got an offer for collection in June but deffered as my existing lease ends next week. Given how Tesla works, you could conceivably get a car within a few days if it’s in stock.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I initially ordered in May and got an offer for collection in June but deffered as my existing lease ends next week. Given how Tesla works, you could conceivably get a car within a few days if it’s in stock.
Yep.. Placed an order 11am Yesterday. Got Call today offering Pickup Saturday 10am (Had to Postpone till Next Monday as busy already on Sat). But 4 days from order to collection if we could have got there Sat..

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,526 Posts
Yep.. Placed an order 11am Yesterday. Got Call today offering Pickup Saturday 10am (Had to Postpone till Next Monday as busy already on Sat). But 4 days from order to collection if we could have got there Sat..
Was it inventory or did they assign you your order from stock after you paid the deposit?

·
Registered
146 Posts
it was not at a location but marked as available inventory so assume it was sitting at Southampton and just needs moving to a delivery centre
I ordered Long Range Red black & white interior 19 inch wheels and tow bar - not inventory - on 13 Sept, got text yesterday to schedule collection for Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hopefully you used a referral link to get your free supercharger miles!

What did you get, the SR+? Any options, colours etc?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Hopefully you used a referral link to get your free supercharger miles!

What did you get, the SR+? Any options, colours etc?
Yes went for the SR+ in Red

no options

ironicly just changed the insurance from our current 2020 Hyundai Kona EV and the a Tesla is £50 cheaper. Go figure

this is going to be our 6th EV

2015 Bmw i3 (40k miles)
2016 Bmw i3 (40k miles)
2017 Renault Zoe 40kw (37k miles)
2018 Hyundai Kona 64kw (70k miles)
2020 Hyundai Kona 64kw (it’s only 3 weeks old and I am bored after 2 years in the Kona) and Tesla offered us a crazy good PX on it

so into the Tesla for a change

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well at least you kept your prior engagements...I would have developed any number of ailments if it meant getting the car earlier ;)

Mine arrived yesterday....sweeeeeeeet jesus it’s quick!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts