Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tesla always used to provide a fresh 4 year 50k Mike warranty (half that if the car was over 4 years/50k mikes already), but they’ve now changed it to a 1 year/10k mile extension to any left. For a lot of cars coming off pcp or other agreements at 3-4 years old the warranty going forward is a fair bit less

Combine that with no ability to view before purchase, poor cosmetics standards, stripping various options from older cars, it’s increasingly hard to see the attraction of used from Tesla.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,730 Posts
Yep.

Do they actually have many genuine CPO cars, I mean trade-ins as opposed to demonstrators?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Tesla always used to provide a fresh 4 year 50k Mike warranty (half that if the car was over 4 years/50k mikes already), but they’ve now changed it to a 1 year/10k mile extension to any left. For a lot of cars coming off pcp or other agreements at 3-4 years old the warranty going forward is a fair bit less

Combine that with no ability to view before purchase, poor cosmetics standards, stripping various options from older cars, it’s increasingly hard to see the attraction of used from Tesla.
ouch!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CPO cars seem to vary masively over time, the US has about 700 listed across the models (most demostrators are sold as New so I think they're genuine returns/used), canada is also higher than Europe, maybe its all to do with the cycle of cars and if there is new inventory around they either leave in a field or ship to auction, if inventory is low they have time to process them into CPO inventory? Don;t really know, but not so long ago there was plenty more

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
That is quite a bump, I know that I would likely have not bought mine as CPO in July if that was the warranty status then. At one point in June there was 6 or so Model S P100D up at once and they sat for a while, one went and the rest went in short order. I am sure a lot of these coincide with PCP and new model, lot of interest etc. Anyone who bought a P100D back when it was 140k would have a pretty stick buy out in the market compared to current values.

My 85D which went in as Part exchange was taxed in August so they obviously moved it on via a dealer or via BCa as it never appeared on the CPO lot, as I was looking! Although i did wonder if the fact that they would have had some trouble understanding it it didn't have the power tailgate option or indeed the hardware, however the tailgate being electrically operated, might have put them off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts