Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are reducing prices for the S,X and 3 but not the Y. Anyone know if these reductions will apply in the UK?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Usually- Tesla try to operate a global base price for the cars with things like FX, duty, VAT & local incentives causing variations.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I wonder if this is to lead in to 'Battery Day' and they are going to announce a major price breakthrough? I can imagine Elon saying they are under $100/K and think they can reach something wild like $50.

·
Registered
15,403 Posts
Usually takes a week or two for the UK prices to follow suit.

Then those that ordered a car weeks ago will complain that they are paying more than the guy that walked in and bought one today. :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I wonder if this is to lead in to 'Battery Day' and they are going to announce a major price breakthrough? I can imagine Elon saying they are under $100/K and think they can reach something wild like $50.
Probably
$80/KWH is the break even point (I think) making EVs same price to make as ICE cars.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Usually takes a week or two for the UK prices to follow suit.

Then those that ordered a car weeks ago will complain that they are paying more than the guy that walked in and bought one today. :)
The S & X prices in the UK fell at the same time. I ordered a shiny new S on Saturday and dropped Sales an email yesterday morning asking them to confirm my order price would be adjusted.

A very prompt reply confirmed that would indeed be the case, but to bear in mind that I’d lose the unlimited free Supercharging if I switched to the lower price. £4K is worth a lot more to me than free leccy. :). No complaints here ;)

The Sales representative also kindly pointed out I could have the best of both worlds by picking an inventory vehicle that would enjoy a price adjustment and retain the free Supercharging. Nothing in the inventory quite hit the spot and I’m happy to wait. I must admit waiting for a new Tesla is infinitely easier when you’re already in one :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts