Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience of Tesla's support for repairs etc in areas far from service centre?

I'm considering getting a Tesla in the near future but am somewhat concerned about living in rural Scotland and being ~300miles and a ferry trip away from even the upcoming service centre in Edinburgh, nevermind the current Manchester one.

Also, it occurs to me that the always connected nature of the Tesla is unlikely to apply for big streches of Scotland. Does anyone have any advice on the implications of this? I'm particularly thinking remote diagnostics, but presumably other features will be affected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's very helpful. A few more questions occur to me if you or anyone else can help:

Are there any parts that will be serviceable by a local garage? I'm thinking particularly glass in the event of a breakage or tires/wheels in the event of a puncture. It seems like these should be possible anywhere, but there's a nagging doubt in the back of my mind.

You mention that the non-urgent appointments are hard to get. How do they work exactly? Is it a matter of booking in advance? Do you have an idea of how fast the turnaround time on services/repairs generally is?

With the mapping, is there any option to store areas for offline use like I would on my phone for google maps?

For the benefit of others, I've found the following useful in judging the repairs options:

Warranty
Roadside Assistance Policy
The official line seems to match Arg's summary in that for most defects the owner is responsible for getting to a service centre but if the vehicle requires towing, 500 miles is provided free (not for flat tires or lockouts)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help again. The end result of lots of deliberation (mostly budget related) is a reservation for the model 3 and buckling up for some hard comparisons of used EVs in the interim. See you at a supercharger in a few years time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.