Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Nice looking car, but I do wonder if its really worth that much given you can have a nice model S for that money, based on depreciation rate of other EVs I would have put its resale value around 40k however first rule of sales applies, something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking car, but I do wonder if its really worth that much...
In the short term I would expect prices to dip in the UK when some owners receive their Model S next year. However, with only 52 UK spec cars in existence, and one a year being written off, I suspect eventually these cars will be extremely rare. Personally, I'm upgrading and driving my Roadster continuously, but I keep all the old parts so that eventually it can be returned to an 'as new' state :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Cool, in the village whee I live is the mg owners club a factory that creates every part for mg cars as well as refurbs they do upgrades (modern tech etc) , maybe there will be such a business for roadsters if tesla don't carry on supporting it

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I think its worth the money, its low mileage too, a very nice car, I would think there are quite a few roadster owners who will get a model s as well and not sell the roadster, they are quite different cars after all.

Second hand values of them will only go up thats for sure, this one would be mine right now if I could afford it, keep dreaming! ha ha.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
What makes a second hand car more expensive, its not just rarity, I dont see many Austin Princesses going for more than £10, the car has to engender some emotion in its drivers, just like MGs do in the people who still drive them. Maybe the roadster will be the MG of the 21st century, the small sports car that men of a certain age want to own to drive on nice sunday afternoons :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts