Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurred to me yesterday that the electric car uptake has faltered in the recent months and is fragile to say the least. If we were all honest without substantial personal investment the electric car revolution just isn't quite working.

Our government is in disarray, transport infrastructure in tatters.

The perfect scenario for a private solution.

I vote the Mr Musks new venture should be the UK train network in conjuction with a completely new personal transport strategy. Are we seriously going to replace all the cars on the road with electric or do something more interest and innovative?

Unfortunately if left to the powers that be, well soon be driven by drones that run at a dreadful governed speed and left in soul destroying traffic jams where we can't even get road rage behind a self driving wheel.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,458 Posts
I think BEV uptake has, indeed, faltered and it will require some super-range and readily-accessible charging network to fix it. Tesla do seem to be tapping into an expectation of/for the future.

PHEV and REx uptake, however, is something that is about to explode.

Drones controlled centrally won't sit in traffic jams, if the programming is done properly. All those bottle-necks are dim drivers jamming themselves into gridlock. But the chances of good programming are extremely limited. Central roads authorities cannot even co-ordinate effective traffic lights, so the idea of integrating controllable traffic will clearly be well beyond them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts