Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a few things that need resolving on my Model 3. Bits of trim need fixing, lumbar support stopped working on passenger and the electric seat adjustment is making strange noises.

I'm booked in for a service and I've noted all these things but I'm slightly concerned that it won't be done in one day.

I've booked the day off to go to the Milton Keynes service centre but I don't want to be told they need to order a new seat etc etc. Then I'll be stuck.

So if anyone has had any experience using the service centre or if you've had similar issues with the car as me, then I'd be grateful for your thoughts/advice.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Ensure that you tell them beforehand that you want a courtesy car. Alternatively they will offer you an Uber voucher for use up to £80 a day

·
Registered
Ioniq Project 45, e-Niro4+
2,855 Posts
I second @firetrax on that. Try to speak to them before the day to discuss and to avoid a wasted journey if you need a loaner. That could lead to a delay of your appointment though. They booked me in to MK and wanted me to do a 5 hour 250 mile round trip just so they could 'have a look', not actually do anything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, suddenly the idea of booking the service through the app seems like a really bad idea.

Thanks for the tip, I will give Tesla a call tomorrow and ask about a courtesy car.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
24,485 Posts
Wow, suddenly the idea of booking the service through the app seems like a really bad idea.

Thanks for the tip, I will give Tesla a call tomorrow and ask about a courtesy car.
They contact you by text message before the car is due in, so you can converse with them that way.

It’s normally quite efficient.

If they leave you stranded let them sort it out. You shouldn’t be expected to hang around a SC for hours on end.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I can't see them doing anything "while you wait" my SR+ went in and they fixed the simple stuff like paint and panels, but they agreed to replace a faulty rear light (and fogs) when they had the parts in so booked me a ranger to come out a month later. The P+ had a similar quick fix while they looked over the more awkward items then booked in for a second visit to replace items.... And re-do the quick fixes they didn't do the first time ;) all three times given a courtesy car without requesting, but this is the Birmingham service centre. Unless they now have a large stock of parts I'd expect a second visit if anything needs replacing. If you were closer and wanted it done in a single visit, I'd suggest driving over and asking if they could take a quick 5 minutes for one of the engineers to let you know if anything needed replacing and thus ordering for a later date.

·
Striving for a greener planet
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 19" FSD; Renault Zoe Q210 22kWh
415 Posts
When mine went into Dartford (scratch on roof) they called me beforehand to explain it’ll take a day or so and they’d provide me a courtesy car.
Was due to get an X which would of been awesome but hadn't been returned when I turned up so I got a S P90D from the old burnt down Gatwick site. It was quite rough looking and I much preferred my 3. Just felt very loose and worn. Still was no real problem and I wasn’t left high and dry

·
Registered
755 Posts
The best way to book a service visit via your phone is to also include in the report that you need a loan car. I did this and they allocated me a Model S 85D for a couple of days.
My experience with my local SC was mixed however it wasn't a complete disaster. I am certain things will improve when they have more staff on board and the Model 3 sales slow down.
Customer Service has taken a massive nose dive when the Model 3 hit the showrooms, it seems everybody dropped tools to push out as many Model 3's as they could before end of Q3. :D

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance 2019
106 Posts
I only have one experience of using a service centre, and I concur with what most others have said.

In addition, the location for my local service centre wasn’t correct in the car’s navigation system. There was no local signage either. I spent 20 minutes trying to find it. You can’t get hold of anyone on the phone. So, if you don’t know where the centre is, I recommend leaving yourself a little bit of extra time just in case.

The centre was unable to resolve most of my issues whilst I was waiting. They had to order parts and said they would give me a courtesy car for another appointment to be scheduled after the parts came in. They did follow up weeks later and scheduled the appointment for many weeks later than that, but there was no response to my replies to their text message. The list of snags has grown in that time, and I hope they will be able to sort them all out.

I found the people in the service centre brilliant. They genuinely wanted to help get the car fixed and were very accommodating. However, IMO, the anonymous contact through the app and text message system those people work in provides a crappy customer experience.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found the people in the service centre brilliant. They genuinely wanted to help get the car fixed and were very accommodating. However, IMO, the anonymous contact through the app and text message system those people work in provides a crappy customer experience.
Exactly this. There are some great people working for Tesla. Leeds SC I always find is excellent and very helpful. The virtual service is the weak link in the chain. Once you actually get face to face with SC staff they are great ambassadors for the brand.

·
Chartered Engineer
1,635 Posts
My experience has mainly been with routine servicing which I’ve tried to do every 12-15k miles and the SC have been excellent. I’ve only had a couple of unscheduled issues, the 12V battery which they sent a ranger out to my house and a steering UV joint that I booked via the app. They contacted me by phone prior to the appointment and sorted out a loner for me so I could go into town while they did my car. Considering the rate at which they are increasing sales I’m amazed things work as well as they do, but there are likely to be some trials and tribulations as they open new sites, train new personnel to cope.

My experience with the rest of the industry has been much worse than Tesla so I’m happy to forgive a few foibles.

Reactions: PaulD

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
9,540 Posts
People have high expectations of what is a premium product. Perhaps they should consider people's experience with the German manufacturers and similar products in other sectors such as the Apple iPhone.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance 2019
106 Posts
People have high expectations of what is a premium product. Perhaps they should consider people's experience with the German manufacturers and similar products in other sectors such as the Apple iPhone.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Amusingly, one of the service centre guys tried to liken their service to Apple’s. It was all I could do to stop snorting with laughter.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree.

Amusingly, one of the service centre guys tried to liken their service to Apple’s. It was all I could do to stop snorting with laughter.
They ripped off the store location ideas from Apple and probably the online scheduling of appointments but it needs work. Apple can also at time be impossible to get hold of anyone senior and can often try to avoid real issues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've a few things that need resolving on my Model 3. Bits of trim need fixing, lumbar support stopped working on passenger and the electric seat adjustment is making strange noises.

I'm booked in for a service and I've noted all these things but I'm slightly concerned that it won't be done in one day.

I've booked the day off to go to the Milton Keynes service centre but I don't want to be told they need to order a new seat etc etc. Then I'll be stuck.

So if anyone has had any experience using the service centre or if you've had similar issues with the car as me, then I'd be grateful for your thoughts/advice.
if they need to order a part it will take months to arrive but they’ll just send you away with your car the same day.

Hopefully it’s just a loose connector

·
Registered
251 Posts
Had a mobile service today.

Turned up on time, fitted my SR+ fog lights, he recommended amazon front mudflaps to protect the paint just behind the front wheels and was nice. Done in an hour.

Parts dept have been great too, I've been after a full set of clips for the rear trim for when I tackle the hansshow leccy trunk and they have changed some clips marked as "restricted" to "over the counter".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts