Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think investors will be wary until the gigafactory is up and running, it doesn't help that they seem to be getting stick about the direct sales model in the US too. I think Daimlers' offloading of shares isn't related to confidence so much as timing with regard to shared technology and mutual development. Tesla is disruptive and as such their share price will be volatile, but they've already proved that they can make a profit on the product with a small market share. Given their ability to develop cutting edge tech and produce a car with a majority of bespoke parts that can be retailed at a sensible price is so impressive it speaks for itself.

·
Super Moderator
11,778 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think investors will be wary untilTesla is disruptive and as such their share price will be volatile, but they've already proved that they can make a profit on the product with a small market share.
I don't think Tesla have ever made an annual profit. I'm seeing one quarter of profit and many of losses - so far.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
You missed the important point... Daimler sold their 4% stake in Tesla and IMO they wouldn't have done that unless they see the shares taking a nose dive.
Maybe it's something to do with this: http://www.techinsider.net/tesla-mo...h-bmw-on-carbon-fiber-technology/1118930.html

In any case, Tesla shares (and the company) are pretty binary. Either they are massively overvalued and the company will either fail or be a niche player. Or they are massively undervalued and they will dominate other manufacturers. Everything depends on the Model 3 and Gigafactory.

You seem to be pushing hard for their failure to it seems punish them for your perceived treatment on your Roadster, others are equally pushing for their success.

I'm on the fence (and too risk averse to buy or short their shares!) but very much hope they do succeed as no-one else has got any interest in breaking the cosy relationship between the traditional manufacturers and the fossil fuel industry.

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You seem to be pushing hard for their failure to it seems punish them for your perceived treatment on your Roadster, others are equally pushing for their success.
I'm trying to keep it real... and for the record, my pension owns Tesla shares.

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only after you decided to go public with your perceived Roadster problems. From your posts before then, presumably you were happy to go along and promote the "fantasy".
No, I have a reputation for trying to keep the 'tesloids' real... ask anyone on TMC ;)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
fail to see the news here, any large investor sells a huge quantity of any share will drive the price down, nothing to do with Daimler or Tesla its just the mechanics of the market

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"International Strategy & Investment analyst Arndt Ellinghorst pointed out that cooperation between Tesla and Daimler didn’t require an equity stake and he believed this would continue. But he saw signs recently that the ties with Daimler might be weakening, and that Tesla might be more interested in BMW’s pioneering carbon fiber technology."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/neilwin...tesla-stake-sale-might-clear-the-way-for-bmw/

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"The auto maker is selling its stake in Tesla at a time when Tesla’s stock is on a downswing. Tesla shares soared to a peak of $291 a share in September from $116.10 a share in November 2013. Since September, Tesla shares have dropped about 19%.

Some analysts have questioned whether Tesla’s near-term results could show signs that demand is hitting a plateau for its Model S sedans, which start at about $71,000. Other analysts and investors argue the company’s shares will go even higher."

http://online.wsj.com/articles/daimler-sells-tesla-stake-for-780-million-1413926628

1 - 20 of 29 Posts