Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of taking the plunge on a M3. Got a trade in value of £18850 on my car on 28/09 and just received an up to date value today of £16200. Thats a 15% drop in just over a month, have used car prices dropped that much?

·
Registered
434 Posts
What car are you trading in? have you driven it lots in the last month or had an accident?...
So many possibilities. 🧐
If Tesla are giving you the Trade in value, they've got a reputation of not offering much,
No doubt you'd be better off selling private or going to WBAC or sum such :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mercedes cls... Not driven much since last value (900 miles) and no accidents.
Think values have fallen probably due to Covid

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
All depends on the car, they are not pricing it themselves, they are jobbing it out to an algorithm and bids on it, WBAC was less than my Tesla trade in when i change mine in July.

Could just be that since we have another lockdown dealers have no interest in acquiring stock...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Used car values went up big time during the end of the last lockdown and the start of the re-open but with the next lockdown, furlough being extended and more and more people out of a job everyday as business's fold under the pressure, the used market is suffering.

Tesla just ship the car off to BAC/MH anyway so they will be pricing off what the last few have sold for there.
Personally I'd sell privately and undercut the price of other similar ones out there, as long as its still above the tesla trade in, and get some extra cash out of it and let someone get a cheaper car too so everyone wins.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used car values went up big time during the end of the last lockdown and the start of the re-open but with the next lockdown, furlough being extended and more and more people out of a job everyday as business's fold under the pressure, the used market is suffering.

Tesla just ship the car off to BAC/MH anyway so they will be pricing off what the last few have sold for there.
Personally I'd sell privately and undercut the price of other similar ones out there, as long as its still above the tesla trade in, and get some extra cash out of it and let someone get a cheaper car too so everyone wins.
Yeah... i sold my last Merc by getting a wbac value added a grand on put it on ebay and sold within a couple of days.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The sales of diesels is tanking and the trade dont like buying just before new yr. when the car will become another yr older. At this time of the yr its a buyers market.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Problem is they it’s rare for people to sell privately when they have outstanding finance etc.

With Tesla’s, many sellers go down the route of trading it in or sell via Simon Jones or Richard Symons.

Someone here sold their Model 3 to WBAC last week for a low price even though I would have paid cash for more!

So as a private buyer it’s hard to get a good / fair deal.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,012 Posts
I noticed yesterday that WBAC are not currently operating, due to Covid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts