Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With its huge torque, I bet its rear tyres would not make it past 8000 miles :eek:

But I guess its worth it when you are having fun with its relentless acceleration :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
With the Roadster I get around 10,000 out of a set of rears but that is largely due to the battery being right over the rear. Model S might be better...

·
1,576 Posts
I just passed 20,000 miles (blog post)... Still on the original set of tires on an S85...

Additionally, I just dropped off my wife's Roadster for its annual, and that's around 12,000 total miles (about 10,000 miles since the last annual). I'll find out whether she needs new tires. However, she OFTEN beats the IDEAL range estimates, so I gather that she rarely puts the car to its paces.

[OK, update on the Roadster]
Looks like the two rear tires are wearing out. The passenger side IS at the indicator and the driver side is close (1/32 of an inch), so decided to have them swapped out. They're pretty pricey "shoes." Luckily Tesla had four in stock.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
With its huge torque, I bet its rear tyres would not make it past 8000 miles :eek:

But I guess its worth it when you are having fun with its relentless acceleration :D
Looking on the US forums 21s don't last as long as the 19s.

The oem 19" eagles fitted here are a relatively common size, so fairly cheap anyway.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Fingers crossed.

Though it could be worse, I could be (not) driving around in a spontaneously combusting Porsche ;) Or the height of reliability a land rover freelander....

Saying that from these forums the "unstoppable zoe" sounds much more worrying...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Fingers crossed.

Though it could be worse, I could be (not) driving around in a spontaneously combusting Porsche ;) Or the height of reliability a land rover freelander....

Saying that from these forums the "unstoppable zoe" sounds much more worrying...
Hope not...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts