Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I haven't seen too many videos of Model 3 Performances being driven in anger so I thought I'd share this one I took yesterday. Pushed beyond 7/10ths feels a little bit like a pointless exercise as the car jus struggles to disguise it's bulk on these sort of twisty roads but that isn't really something I have an issue with. I've been driving across Germany for past 6 days and it's been a fantastic companion from start to finish. I'll put together a YouTube review once I return, have managed to get some really great footage. Oh and goes without saying Nurburgring was good for the novelty factor but not something I would do again...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts

I haven't seen too many videos of Model 3 Performances being driven in anger so I thought I'd share this one I took yesterday. Pushed beyond 7/10ths feels a little bit like a pointless exercise as the car jus struggles to disguise it's bulk on these sort of twisty roads but that isn't really something I have an issue with. I've been driving across Germany for past 6 days and it's been a fantastic companion from start to finish. I'll put together a YouTube review once I return, have managed to get some really great footage. Oh and goes without saying Nurburgring was good for the novelty factor but not something I would do again...

I love driving in Germany, particularly Bavaria et al.

Thanks for posting the video, looks like a nice road. It’s strange seeing a performance car video without the accompanying engine sounds though!

What brakes are on the M3P, size etc? Did you notice any fade after a while?

I‘m with you on the Nurburgring thing too, glad I tried it, won’t rush back. It was fun spending a bit of time on one of the notorious bends the evening before watching all sorts of incidents as folks got a bit carried away.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Glad to see that they had closed the road for you. ;)

Try the Stelvio pass next time, a far better test even if it is surfaced now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I've learnt this week after half a dozen mountain passes is it doesn't play to the Tesla's strengths. However driving the B500 to Baden-Baden today, that was the sweet spot for the car. Long sweeping well-sighted bends, plenty of opportunities to use the superb overtaking ability of the car, great visibility out to enjoy the views. Couldn't have been happier in fact ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts