Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
700 Posts

· Registered
700 Posts

· Registered
700 Posts
This is very different to Tesla sharing the nice, clean data they apparently have, and certainly wouldn't help this guy with his ticket situation. Or am I missing something?
Honestly, I don't know. I don't own or drive a Model S, unfortunately. It does seem clear that the information that this guy wants is accessible in some manner and form. Whether or not Tesla participates in the accessibility of that information and whether or not Tesla has some further obligation to its customers in providing information beyond what is already available, I don't know, either.

I am not a lawyer, but with my brief reading of Norway's Personal Data Protection Act Section 18 (Right of access), from http://www.dataprotection.eu/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.NO, I don't see how this guy is entitled to the specific data that he wants. I see that the law provides him details about the collection of the data and the descriptions of the data and explanations about the security of that data, but I don't see that he is entitled to the data, itself.

· Registered
700 Posts
It's such a grey area "Tesla, please give me the position of my car last tuesday because my wife took it for the day and i think she's having an affair"
And apparently Telsa already told this guy that the GPS data is not stored. However, the data that this guy wants (proof that his car was not parked there for more than 10 minutes) is accessible from numerous sources besides Tesla. I mean, was he carrying a cell phone which had GPS on it? Were there surveillance cameras recording that place? I mean, why does he pick on Tesla to harass about proving his whereabouts? He could similarly harass his cell-phone provider or any operators of surveillance cameras.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.