Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched for this and couldn't find a thread.

i am looking to buy my first EV later this year and those three are on my short list. real world range will be my primary decision maker. others will be leg room for tall passengers in the back, enough space for five adults, charging networks and times on motorways etc.

i was wondering if anyone has done this comparison between the three? i have read various reviews but they all seem to be in either controlled conditions or not real-world enough for me.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can’t go too wrong with Bjorn. If motorway driving is what you’re after then regardless of initial range the Tesla is the one to pick. In terms of number of charging locations, ease of charging and charging speed it’s hard to beat. The Audi would be 2nd due to its excellent charge curve but falls down on the first two criteria relative to the Tesla. The Jaguar is third (but is easily the best looking)

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
842 Posts
The amount you'll pay between these three is vastly different. If real world range and rapid charger coverage is the decider, then you'll almost certainly end up in the Model X; you'll also end up paying the most for the privilege.

·
Registered
17,417 Posts
The amount you'll pay between these three is vastly different. If real world range and rapid charger conceive is the decider, then you'll almost certainly end up in the Model X; you'll also end up paying the most for the privilege.
But then one has to ask why you aren’t in the market for a Zoe 50, which probably has better range that the eTron?

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Because maybe range isn’t everything? 🤷

Did you always buy the car with the biggest fuel tank when you purchased ICE vehicles?

·
Registered
17,417 Posts
Because maybe range isn’t everything? 🤷

Did you always buy the car with the biggest fuel tank when you purchased ICE vehicles?
Are you saying my XJ6 with two fuel tanks was a bad idea? :)

Clearly whomever is in the market for an iPace is scraping pennies together for a poverty spec.

So whatever the question, the answer is two Zoes. :p

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
842 Posts
But then one has to ask why you aren’t in the market for a Zoe 50, which probably has better range that the eTron?
You know as well as I that the Zoe has no chance in hell of passing the Longsword Test. Besides, I don't really need the range or the rapid charging. The E-Tron gives me what I need in the best value package available.
So whatever the question, the answer is two Zoes. :p
One for each foot, like roller skates? :LOL:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts