Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a test drive in an ID4 a few days ago and the car was generally excellent to drive. However, I like my comfort and I found the ride somewhat firm. Just wondering if the adjustable suspension thingy on the high spec models would help by enabling a softer setting? Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
419 Posts
This is the price you pay for the 20" wheels. I had a similar problem with an R-Line Tiguan I bought a couple of years ago. In the end I traded it in for the same model with the DCC but even on the Comfort setting it wasn't as soft as I would like. I got some winter wheels for it and these were 17" and that was much better although I have to admit it looked rubbish.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Silverage. Yes I know that 20" wheels with less rubber causes a firmer ride. Have experienced that. Just wondering what anyone with a Max feels about the adjustable dampers set on the soft setting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have test driven the 1st an the 1st max with 21" wheels - the max has the DCC and I could absolutely feel the difference driving on standard road.
The 1st in comfort mode was like the 1st max in sport mode - so when both were in comfort mode, the max was a lot smoother in my opinion.
I ended up buying a 1st max demo car - picking it up tomorrow ;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have test driven the 1st an the 1st max with 21" wheels - the max has the DCC and I could absolutely feel the difference driving on standard road.
The 1st in comfort mode was like the 1st max in sport mode - so when both were in comfort mode, the max was a lot smoother in my opinion.
I ended up buying a 1st max demo car - picking it up tomorrow ;-)
Thanks Kasper. Was hoping that would be the case. I must try and get a test drive in a Max. I think its possible to get the Max with 20" wheels which might help even more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My only experience was with the Pro S and I got one. The ride is like butter. It soaks up bumps like a much larger car and still handles very supple indeed. No way I'd go for 20" tires. The 19" is plenty. I could ride in this ID.4 Pro S all day long without so much as a back issue (especially with the message in the seat to assist).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts