Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all 馃檪

Does anyone know where you can test drive a Model Y in the UK yet?

Many thanks!

David

Registered
You can't, there won't be any cars in the country until next year is what we've been told. They have before now with other models had a Dutch car over but there's no sign of them doing that this time.

All you can go on are the reviews and I can understand why you'd want to test drive one as few are complementary about the ride but one persons "bone shaker" is another persons "firm and sporty"

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Jon.

Hmm that鈥檚 what I鈥檝e started to suspect.

It鈥檚 really only the driving position that I want to check as I have long legs and I鈥檝e found sitting in the Model 3 too low / squashed for me. From the description the Model Y should be better as the seat is raised up a fair bit higher.

I鈥檝e also only recently noticed that the centre console has quite high walls and I want to see how these work in practice for me. In the last Leaf I had which had a similarly high centre console, I had to Velcro a black keyboard wrist rest to the edge of the console to give my leg something soft to rest against - it was crude but it at least made the sitting position bearable! 馃ぃ

Maybe once the Y鈥檚 start coming into the UK I鈥檒l be able to find someone near me (on the Tesla Owners Club perhaps) who has one so I can sit in it briefly 馃榿

David

Registered
Maybe once the Y鈥檚 start coming into the UK I鈥檒l be able to find someone near me (on the Tesla Owners Club perhaps) who has one so I can sit in it briefly 馃榿

David
Sure they will help , I have a Model Y on order from day 2 and will join the club, what part of the country are you in? Far away for Banbury / Milton Keynes?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure they will help , I have a Model Y on order from day 2 and will join the club, what part of the country are you in? Far away for Banbury / Milton Keynes?
I鈥檓 in Fleet, Hampshire, near the M3 馃檪

Cheers!

David

Registered
I鈥檓 in Fleet, Hampshire, near the M3 馃檪

Cheers!

David
Unless the price of Bitcoin and other Crypto investments falls 85% in 2022 when the model Y needs to be paid for, I should be able to give you a nudge when ours arrives in 2022 , If not, 拢100 lost is no biggy. Although your local Tesla show centre might have one quicker, will let you know.

Registered
Thanks for your reply Jon.

I have Y on order. Hopefully it won't be too long and I will give you a shout if you want to take a look!

Registered
If my model 3 is anything to go by, Tesla will email you 9 months AFTER you take delivery of your own car, to invite you to test drive one 馃槀馃槀

Registered
Unless the price of Bitcoin and other Crypto investments falls 85% in 2022 when the model Y needs to be paid for, I should be able to give you a nudge when ours arrives in 2022 , If not, 拢100 lost is no biggy. Although your local Tesla show centre might have one quicker, will let you know.
Might be a nervous wait, considering it dropped 20% in half an hour during the night!
Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

Was this you this morning crypto kid?
Cartoon Gesture Happy Art Font

Registered
Can you do that? Do they literally hold it at the collection site until that day and then put on a 22 plate on the day you collect?
Sure , People put their Tesla orders back all the time. I guess you need to do it before you give them your deposit money etc first, because they for sure are not progressing your order until you pay them. Any car is only classed as "new" when the dealer registers it with DVLA . The were 2012 Vauxhall Ampera's sitting in the VX dealer network for years and not "Sold" until 2015 , and have 15 plates put on them.

Registered
Sure , People put their Tesla orders back all the time. I guess you need to do it before you give them your deposit money etc first, because they for sure are not progressing your order until you pay them. Any car is only classed as "new" when the dealer registers it with DVLA . The were 2012 Vauxhall Ampera's sitting in the VX dealer network for years and not "Sold" until 2015 , and have 15 plates put on them.
Thanks - I'm very new to "new" cars. So does this mean that Tesla don't actually register the car until the day its collected?

Registered
Thanks - I'm very new to "new" cars. So does this mean that Tesla don't actually register the car until the day its collected?
As pointed out yes, despite us agreeing to collect our Model 3 on 4th December , on about 22nd of November, when we got a log book a few weeks after collection day the date of first registration was 4th December.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts