Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First the positive. At constant 60mph, 69 miles took it from 100% to 54% charge. So by that reckoning, 150 miles range with a good chunk in rain.

Seats supportive and comfortable. The only downside is that the steering wheel doesn't adjust enough to make full use of the seat range of movement.

The HMI screen is of good quality. The lane keep assist and cruise control are fairly good, if not as good as the Nissan Leaf ProPilot.

However, there were quite a few downsides, probably enough for me to cancel the order. Apart from the lack of climate control, pre-heat and pre-charge:

The charge port and cover are awkward and feel fragile.

The car "bongs" continuously, irritatingly loudly.

The cruise control gets too close, too fast to stationary vehicles, for me.

Apple CarPlay didn't work at all.

I get the impression that many of these are fixable without much expense. Maybe there will be a software upgrade next year.

Does anyone know whether those bongs can be turned down/off? Disabling in the setup did nothing.

Also, what are people finding the rapid charge speeds to be?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Re the cruise control etc - I thought you could vary the distance between you and any car in front, meaning the car will slow and keep that distance if the car in front does likewise?
Agree about the cover for the charging port - not the best design (see Fully Charged recent review on YouTube)

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can adjust the distance to the car in front, but even the furthest distance to me also felt borderline close

Re Apple car play, took a while for me to get working but once it was set up it was great. Have to connect to the USB port, and the one on the right if I remember rightly - not the one on the left, although it’s been nearly 2 weeks since my test drive so may have got them mixed up but it does work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts