Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at leasing a leaf.

We do a semi regular trip from our home (Shepperton) to Milton Keynes.
So I'm looking at doing a test drive from the dealor (Epsom) to Toddington.
According to google 65 miles on the motorway.

So I guess travel at 60mph? is this doable?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I'm looking at leasing a leaf.

We do a semi regular trip from our home (Shepperton) to Milton Keynes.
So I'm looking at doing a test drive from the dealor (Epsom) to Toddington.
According to google 65 miles on the motorway.

So I guess travel at 60mph? is this doable?
Will be no problem at 60mph. Make sure the dealer has charged it to 100%. You should arrive home with 15-25% depending on elevation changes. Make sure you don't set the heating too high if you use it too ☺.

·
Registered
427 Posts
At the beginning I had range anxiety and mist of my motorway driving was 50-55mph. Even with iOn 16kwh battery you can get 70miles of range by going 50mph on motorway. Looks slow in the beginning, but most of lorries are limited to 50. Btw, hiding behind the lorry while going on the motorway may surprise you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about times? :)
I'm not to sure I understand the question but here goes:

Well normally when we do Shepperton to Milton Keynes it's Saturday or Sunday morning, then coming back in the afternoon / evening.

It normally takes us an hour.

I'm trying to get feel and see if it's possible to go directly from Shepperton to Milton Keynes without breaks,
Since I'm nervous I'm factoring a stop at Toddington, and of course I'm picking up the car from Epsom.

For the test drive I don't know if I will go straight to Toddington, or home to Shepperton first... then measure the battery % from Shepperton to Toddington, and Toddington to MK.
I'll then charge up to 80% at Toddington for the return journey from Toddington to Shepperton.

·
Registered
427 Posts
@Qdos mentioned that it's less miles if avoid the motorways, so I asked what about time difference :)
I'm trying to avoid motorways sometimes, especially in rush hours

1 - 8 of 8 Posts