Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New thread specifically for those lucky enough to have actually driven a Polestar 2...

Please post your thoughts and impressions on this thread.
Please also keep it to just this topic and post general discussions elsewhere. Thanks! (y) 😊

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just got back from Farnborough test drive.
My overall impressions are very positive (I have already ordered one, but I will try to be unbiased).
Appearance is good, I really like the look of it. It does have a mid size muscle car look to it, not unlike a Dodge Charger I hired in Canada a couple of years ago.
All the colours look good but overall we (my partner was with me) are pleased we ordered black. Denim looks nice as does Moon.
I chose to drive the standard non sport upgrade because that is what I have ordered. The 19 inch wheels look great and you would need a 20inch wheeled P2 next to it to see any difference.
I specifically went with the standard car because 20inch wheels usually translate into a harder ride (my last car had them fitted) and I think I made the right decision. The ride is very good on smooth surfaces, but just the acceptable side of choppy on very broken road surfaces. It would clearly be more so on 20inch wheels with sports suspension.
The road holding is terrific.
We went in a convoy of 4 with a Polestar guy taking the lead.
The route was mixed with motorway, A and B roads thrown in. He didn’t hang around and gave it full acceleration on a number of occasions so that we could do the same in the following cars.
it would be pretty much impossible to lose control of this car, the road holding is very impressive.
The interior was very well put together and looked like BMW / Mercedes standard with a lovely ‘Scandinavian’ feel to it.
The rear seat room is fine. I am 6ft tall and leaving the driving seat in my position I was able to sit in the back with about 2/3 inches of space in front of my knees. Headroom is also ample.
The front seats are fairly close, think BMW 3 series as a guide.
The feeling is as though you are sitting in a cockpit of a light aircraft, which we both liked, but some might prefer a more open feeling.
Any criticisms?
Google maps looked a little insipid, as in colourless on the screen. There does not appear to be any way of changing that.
The central armrest is a little far back for me.
That’s about it really.
We both liked the full glass roof and the boot space.
Oh, the sound system is fantastic, with a really rich sound.
Ask any questions and I will try to answer if I can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
  • When you were in convoy was someone else from Polestar in the car with you or just you?
  • How was the knee room, banging in to the centre conduit?
  • Were you given chance to fiddle around with the centre console and try out the Play Store etc?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No, you are given a car to yourself and the convoy was pretty spaced out. No restrictions on speed other than your own licence preservation.
I saw a video where a journo said his knee was rubbing uncomfortably against the side of the central tunnel. I specifically noted this and can confirm that my impression was that there was no feeling of being uncomfortable at all.
The test drive was at least 30 minutes, maybe longer so it would have been obvious in that time.
Yes, time to do that and in fact actively encouraged to do so.
I didn’t go into Play Store but I checked out all the other controls.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It should be there now.
It does say being reviewed by a mod above my report.
nothing contensious though, so should be good.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Very odd.
It would be good if the moderators could comment on this. It will be worrying if they censor individuals assessments unless they are libelous or offensive

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably there were some words in there that it thought (wrongly, no doubt!) were rude, libellous or it was a very long post from someone with a relatively low post count. I'm sure one of the mods will tick the box soon to unleash it :) .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haha you will be disappointed when it is finally released.
Here it is again in the hope that it appears for more than a few seconds this time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haha you will be disappointed when it is finally released.
Here it is again in the hope that it appears for more than a few seconds this time.
My overall impressions are very positive (I have already ordered one, but I will try to be unbiased).
Appearance is good, I really like the look of it. It does have a mid size muscle car look to it, not unlike a Dodge Charger I hired in Canada a couple of years ago.
All the colours look good but overall we (my partner was with me) are pleased we ordered black. Denim looks nice as does Moon.
I chose to drive the standard non sport upgrade because that is what I have ordered. The 19 inch wheels look great and you would need a 20inch wheeled P2 next to it to see any difference.
I specifically went with the standard car because 20inch wheels usually translate into a harder ride (my last car had them fitted) and I think I made the right decision. The ride is very good on smooth surfaces, but just the acceptable side of choppy on very broken road surfaces. It would clearly be more so on 20inch wheels with sports suspension.
The route was mixed with motorway, A and B roads thrown in. He didn’t hang around and gave it full acceleration on a number of occasions so that we could do the same in the following cars.
it would be pretty much impossible to lose control of this car, the road holding is very impressive.
The interior was very well put together and looked like BMW / Mercedes standard with a lovely ‘Scandinavian’ feel to it.
The rear seat room is fine. I am 6ft tall and leaving the driving seat in my position I was able to sit in the back with about 2/3 inches of space in front of my knees. Headroom is also ample.
The feeling is as though you are sitting in a cockpit of a light aircraft, which we both liked, but some might prefer a more open feeling.
Any criticisms?
Google maps looked a little insipid, as in colourless on the screen. There does not appear to be any way of changing that.
That’s about it really.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Any criticisms?
That’s about it really.
Brilliant thanks very much

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Seems to be visible to me at the moment. Good review and glad you tested the standard config. Will be doing the same when I get my test drive.

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
196 Posts
Any criticisms?
That’s about it really.
Excellent feedback, thanks. How would you rate ease of exit from the driver’s seat please? I’m 6’5” and my e-Niro is ok but I wouldn’t want a seat much lower than that.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts