Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know how and when there will be test drives available?

I don't want to buy the car to get a test drive, so the VIP ones won't be for me.

But this looks like my best bet versus an Enyaq so would like to drive it.

My local dealer seems to think they won't get them in at all not even for test drives.

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, I was expecting you to have test driven the car already from the title. Was hoping for a first test drive review from Joe public. Haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I ordered mine the dealer said they were expecting their test model in for end of July/beginning of August, all being well, Covid and shipping issues notwithstanding, etc. etc. and as soon as it's in they will contact me to arrange a test drive.
He also said that even if, on the day of collection, I change my mind it won't be a problem. Hyundai took 48,000 orders for the car in the first week, they are already way over-subscribed and he'd just pick up the phone to whoever's next on the list and sell it to them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think some dealer cars are on board the Grande California along with the RHD P45s. As the ship seems to be a very "slow boat from China" (only handed over to owners in mid June, so possibly on maiden voyage). Seems to be making calls at a lot of ports. My dealer expects demo car mid to late August.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I got a call yesterday and was told they will have a car available for a test drive around mid Aug.
This is in South London.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called Milton Keynes a few weeks back & they said end of July. I called Oxford yesterday & they said they were hoping for the end of this week, but there was a delay & will be more like end of next week.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,619 Posts
Really keen on an Ioniq 5 but having bought blind twice (Kona and Soul) I really want to see and drive one first this time so will follow this with interest. The deal breaker will be just how big it is and whether the all round camera and sensors reassure my wife that it's not any harder to park!! Do all models have the surround view camera?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Really keen on an Ioniq 5 but having bought blind twice (Kona and Soul) I really want to see and drive one first this time so will follow this with interest. The deal breaker will be just how big it is and whether the all round camera and sensors reassure my wife that it's not any harder to park!! Do all models have the surround view camera?
Surround view camera comes with the Tech Pack option available on Premium and Ultimate models I think.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Test drives are available from some dealers from today. I have one booked for Sun.

Reactions: Jimbo

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Test drives are available from some dealers from today. I have one booked for Sun.
Sadly, this is Hyundai BS.

I booked one for tomorrow on the web site, and got a confirmation email from Hyundai.

Shortly after I had another email from the dealer. saying:

We awaiting the arrival of the IONIQ 5, this should be anytime soon. Once here I can arrange a viewing and test drive.

:mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I caved and called my dealer as the silence was deafening. My contact had just got back from holiday and "will be contacting all our P45 reservation holders this week". Anyway, they get the RWD demo car tomorrow so I booked a test drive.

Was told that they didn't expect the P45's until Sept, but they have an update call with HUK later this week so hoping to get more info then.

Starting to think the RWD Ultimate might be a better all-rounder than the P45. 4k cheaper and a bit more range. Keen to see how the interior compares.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You might want to consider the extra costs of the Eco pack, Tech pack and paint. As I understand it, any of the paint finishes offered on the P45 at launch were included in the price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I caved and called my dealer as the silence was deafening. My contact had just got back from holiday and "will be contacting all our P45 reservation holders this week". Anyway, they get the RWD demo car tomorrow so I booked a test drive.

Was told that they didn't expect the P45's until Sept, but they have an update call with HUK later this week so hoping to get more info then.

Starting to think the RWD Ultimate might be a better all-rounder than the P45. 4k cheaper and a bit more range. Keen to see how the interior compares.
RWD Ultimate 3k cheaper than P45 plus cost of colour other than Mystic Olive Green. I have a RWD Ultimate reserved, but considering going the other way - currently on VIP waiting list.

I don't particularly want AWD, but extra acceleration wouldn't go amiss (at cost of efficiency tho). Heat pump, solar roof plus some of the Tech pack items included in P45 would be nice, and P45 residuals may be a bit better than series cars.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Jimbo - which dealership is it?

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts

You must have a better dealer than me, I called in on Saturday and they had not heard anything from Hyundai - I would be very surprised if they get a demo car so quickly, they only landed at Tilbury Docks on the 28th ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
You must have a better dealer than me, I called in on Saturday and they had not heard anything from Hyundai - I would be very surprised if they get a demo car so quickly, they only landed at Tilbury Docks on the 28th ?
Booked test drive for this Thursday /am.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There was an earlier delivery on the Silver Ray. Mid July I think.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts