Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So I've been looking at getting a EV soon and think I've narrowed it down to either a Zoe 22kwh or the Leaf 30kwh. I've arranged a 30 minute test drive in a 15 plate Zoe Intens (So I assume it's the Q Motor?) on Monday at a Renault dealer in Derby, I was just wondering if there's anything in particular to check? I want to reset the consumption and drive maybe 20-25 miles to get an idea of the consumption with the type of roads I'll be using it on. Do I reset the trip meter through the RLink system or holding the button down on the stalk?

Car looks to be in good condition, it's done about 48k miles. I asked the sales person if it was still covered under warranty ie has the previous owner extended the warranty once the initial 4 years ran out (I've read that you can then continue to extent it annually up to 10 years old?) She seemed to think that even if the owner hadn't it was possible for me to start the warranty extension again as it was from a main Renault dealer.... Is this the case?

I'm not going to be buying it there and then as I also want to drive the Leaf and work the figures out but any advice or things to look out for would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
571 Posts
No you cant extend the Renault manufacturer warranty once the original has finished it has to be done before the original expires. So although they would give you a dealer warranty it wouldn't be the same . If it's a leased battery it will have a continuous warranty on the battery and some other parts but in all honesty if something goes wrong with motor etc could be very expensive down the line. Just a risk.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No you cant extend the Renault manufacturer warranty once the original has finished it has to be done before the original expires. So although they would give you a dealer warranty it wouldn't be the same . If it's a leased battery it will have a continuous warranty on the battery and some other parts but in all honesty if something goes wrong with motor etc could be very expensive down the line. Just a risk.
That's what I thought, and was trying to get a cross to her. Would you only go for a 22kwh Zoe that had had the original warranty extended in that case.? Also are the Q any more or less reliable that the R motor?

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,163 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the original warranty has been extended then that will cover you 100,000 miles or up to ten years which ever comes 1st

if you have the zoes details and input the info into the link below it may confirm that the info given is correct

Thanks for the info.

I put the detail in and it recognized the car, when going to the second "Quote Results" page, it comes up with: 'Sorry there are no products that match your vehicle details.' Guess that means there's no warranty available to extend on it...?

Problem I'm having now looking at a 'cheap' Zoe is that by the time you add up the purchase price, the battery lease and then (if available) the warranty extension, It's probably more cost effective going for a (more reliable?) Leaf 30....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts