Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a silly exercise 馃榿

but having seen on Facebook a couple of pro performance (205ps) times of sub 6 seconds - thought I鈥檇 download an app and try in my lowly 150ps Life Pro.

managed 8.95 and 9 (opposite directions on the same bit of road) - though had about 30-40kg of stuff in the boot so it might come down a shade :)

anyone else?

Registered
Probably a silly exercise 馃榿

but having seen on Facebook a couple of pro performance (205ps) times of sub 6 seconds - thought I鈥檇 download an app and try in my lowly 150ps Life Pro.

managed 8.95 and 9 (opposite directions on the same bit of road) - though had about 30-40kg of stuff in the boot so it might come down a shade :)

anyone else?
Is that confirmed sub 6 seconds, that you can see on the video with your own eyes? Seems more than a little optimistic. Most of those kinds of bids for other cars I've had time 0-60, not 0-62mph to be comparable with official figures. Sometimes it's not hard to improve on official figures, especially on FWD cars with a reduced tenancy to trampnon decent rubber. Tramping not an issue on the ID3 though. Also, when do you start the clock on the performance times? The moment you hit the accelerator, or the moment the car starts to move? Although it reacts quicker than most ICE cars, there's still a momentary pause between pressing the accelerator and moving (feels like about 1/3 of a second).

My own rolling start performance comparisons for previous cars indicates that from 20mph at the starting signpost to the signpost used as a finishing point, the ID3 is on a par with my old Polo GTI+ with an official.0-62 time of 6.7s (unofficially, many YTers claim 6.2s, but that's to 60, not 62, right where 3rd gear change kicks in). Off the line, the ID3 is undoubtedly quicker (no tramping), I'd imagine a 0-62 time of maybe 6.2s is achievable on that basis.

If 0-62 times are truly understated by 1s, you've got to wonder why. Do VW understate to not get an adverse insurance rating? Do they have to have AC or some other ancillaries on when doing those times that the YTers switch off? YTers testing in very favourable conditions or with much better tyres for marginally better traction?

My historical figures for rolling start performance comparison:-

2007 Golf GT 170TDI PD = 79mph
2009 Scirocco GT 140TDI CR = 77mph
2011 Scirocco GT 170TDI CR = 81mph
2013 Golf GTD 184TDI CR = 83mph
2013 Golf GTD with tuning box = 88mph
2015 Golf R 300ps TSI = 97mph
2015 A1 116ps 1.6 TDI CR = 71mph
2018 Polo GTI+ 200ps TSI =.85mph
2019 A4 Avant 40 (190TDI CR) = 77mph
2021 ID3 Pro Performance 304ps = 85mph.

Registered
The Golf GTE 0-60 is understated so would not surprise me if understated on other VW cars.

I suspect that they test at sub optimal - i.e battery at 50% charge.

Warm battery at 100% SOC makes all the difference.

Registered
Completely subjectively the ID3 feels the same up to 60 as my old Clio RS200, so a mid six time wouldn鈥檛 surprise me. Bit quicker up to 30, a bit slower up to 60. A sub six time seems improbable.

The ID3 times on laptimes.com are taken from autozeitung magazine so I assume legit, they clocked it at 6.6 seconds.

Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
If I ever get my race timer back from my brother that he borrowed pre-Covid I鈥檒l give it a go!

Mid to high 6s feels about right though for a 0-62.

Registered
Completely subjectively the ID3 feels the same up to 60 as my old Clio RS200, so a mid six time wouldn鈥檛 surprise me. Bit quicker up to 30, a bit slower up to 60. A sub six time seems improbable.

The ID3 times on laptimes.com are taken from autozeitung magazine so I assume legit, they clocked it at 6.6 seconds.
I'd agree with all that - 6.6s highly likely, sub 6s highly unlikely.

VW almost always understate output on their ICE cars, an extra 5-10% power or torque is reported by many who dyno to check what their car is actually doing once its ran in.

Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
The Polo GTI+ had a lap timer once I'd activated it with OBD11, I wonder if there's one accessible on the ID3 with a bit of tweakery?
I didn鈥檛 see anything like that when I was poking about with VCDS in my early days with the car, but it should be easy enough for VW to add if they so wished.

I suppose they鈥檙e not pitched as performance cars though, despite the performance being warm hatch territory.

Registered
I didn鈥檛 see anything like that when I was poking about with VCDS in my early days with the car, but it should be easy enough for VW to add if they so wished.

I suppose they鈥檙e not pitched as performance cars though, despite the performance being warm hatch territory.
Perhaps it's lurking there waiting to be used on potential hot variants? The GTI skin for the virtual cockpit dials is sitting there for the mundane Polo variants to use, as is an "offroad" set of menus on the infotainment screen of the Polo when activated, despite no Polo variant in current existence needing it.

Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV

ID3 0-6= 6.6, 80-120kph 5secs. Wishful thinking to expect sub 6 seconds with 200bhp

For comparison Leaf E+ 0-60 = 6.4, 80-120kph 4.8 (215bhp, 251lbs ft torque approx same weight)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts