Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Looking for a tethered type 2 charger with at least 7.5m cable length.

I noticed pod point, which seems to be a relatively solid no frills choice with an option for 10m cable and a relatively kind price, but mixed bag for installation.

I just wanted to check if anyone is aware of other options that could be recommended with at least 7.5m?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have an 8m cable on my Zappi. It's 1st gen though, hopefully still an option on the 2nd gen?

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
There's always the option to just change the cable for a longer one, although that's not particularly cheap. EV Charge King sell made up pigtails in pretty much any length you may want, that use a very nice cable that's a bit thinner and a great deal tougher than most charge cables. I have a 10m cable from them on one of our charge points, definitely very useful if you can't always park in exactly the same place.

An alternative is to look at whether you could fit the charge point on a post. At our last house I fitted one part way down the drive, on a post almost in the hedge. This meant I didn't need a very long charge cable, as the charge point was much closer to the car. All charge points can be post mounted easily enough. Best bet for a post is to just sketch something and get a local steel fabricator to knock one up, and either get it hot dip galvanised or powder coated. Around here there are several places that make farm gates, etc, and stuff like this is bread and butter work for them. I think the post at the old house cost around £50 from one of those places.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
i got the standard rolec and then fitted a longer cable myself. Wasnt too expensive and the old cable sold on ebay to recoup a good chunk of the cost.

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Stonewashed Blue, Heatpump, Ankoya Alloys.
223 Posts
Andersen do the A2 available with the 8.5m cable which we have. It wraps the cable inside which is completely hidden. Good app and completely issue free for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts