Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Tethered type 1 charger fitted , new car type 2

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Mark Warren 
#1 ·
Hello, I have currently got a Ohme tethered type 1 charger fitted at home for my Mitsubishi phev,
I have a MG5 on order , delivery January ( with a bit of luck) . What are my best options for converting the charger to a type 2 , a converter lead , or getting an electrician to change the type 1 plug to a type 2
thank you

#2 ·
Assuming that you are already an Octopus customer, buy one of the discounted commando eads before Christmas and sell the existing one. You should end up in profit even after paying a Sparky to swap it over.

Reactions: cah197
#3 ·
Are you keeping both cars? If so, logical choices are an unteathered charger (what I went for), and adaptor (what my folks went for), or two chargers?

If you are swapping cars, I would try contacting Ohme directly - they might be willing to swap or sell you a replacement tethered cable, and have your electrician switch it over?

#5 ·
Reactions: Eaz5
#13 ·
I've been looking at changing my type 1 tethered lead for a replacement type 2 for my
new car. You can buy replacement cables or even just a replacement plug and change them yourself?
What do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.