Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
No its not connected to internet although their installer said it would be. I did try to connect via the app and said to contact podpoint and they wanted approx £300 to update the unit. Not for me dont need the information that bad.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds like a arch 1 pcb. Change the rcbo, make sure your cables the right size and put the jump lead on. Then you’ll have a 7kw charger.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That sounds a little outside my expertise. Worse case scenario I will just swap the cable to T2 and charge at 3Kw my usage means I can plug in for at least 12 hours at a time

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had a similar experience. I changed my plug and cable from type 1 to type 2 on the 3.6kw Chargemaster I had installed. It didn’t work so I reinstated the type 1 plug and bought an adapter and that didn’t work either. I ended up buying a NOS podpoint 7.2kw and getting it changed by my electrician mate. Sold the Chargemaster unit on eBay and returned the adapter. I bought a female plug for the type 2 cable so I have a spare. Total cost to swap in the end was about £350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts