Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on with tfl. If I build my own ev out of a diesel car it want be recognised by tfl . And will still have to pay 12.50 per day even though the log book will say its electric .why.

·
Premium Member
11,462 Posts
I sympathise with your situation but presumably the car hasn't been re-registered so there is no way of TFL verifying you are being truthful it is now a BEV.

Maybe the IVA route would provide documentation TFL would accept but there is a significant cost IIRC. I don't know for sure you can use it, but I guess classifies as "rebuilt"?

Below is from TFL for background

Currently, only vehicles that meet Euro 6 standards (petrol and diesel), that emit no more than 75g/km of CO2 and have a minimum 20 mile zero emission capable range will qualify for the 100% cleaner vehicle discount.

From 25 October 2021, the cleaner vehicle discount will change so that only battery electric vehicles are eligible. Then from 25 December 2025, the cleaner vehicle discount will be discontinued. From this date, all vehicle owners, unless in receipt of another discount or exemption, will need to pay to enter the Congestion Charge zone during charging hours.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
What's going on with tfl. If I build my own ev out of a diesel car it want be recognised by tfl . And will still have to pay 12.50 per day even though the log book will say its electric .why.
How do you know this? And why are you not asking them rather than us?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
If it says Electric on the logbook then your fine.
If you don't inform the DVLA to change it then of course you'll need to pay, as how would they and thus tfl know otherwise?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts