Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered IONIQ 5, Ultimate AWD, Tech/Eco packs, Phantom Black & EV6 GT Line S, heat pump, Yacht Blue
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice vid - odd conclusion at the end in that he didn't define WHY he'd have an Ioniq 5 over it.

To me it's cheaper, longer warranty, bigger battery, looks better (obviously that's subjective) and handles better verses larger boot, softer ride, and I'm not sure what else....

Would have been nice if he'd said why he'd go for the Ioniq.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Looks like an Embargo has just been lifted with five other UK Reviews now on You Tube, with the same Car.

Search You Tube for EV6 and filter ’Today‘ or as appropriate, if looking at a later date.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,187 Posts
Looks like a cracking car that, and I think I’d have one over the sister Hyundai Ioniq.

The only thing I dislike are those headrests, and I wonder if the external jewellery would grate a little after a while?

The styling is challenging in places, like a lot of EVs, and what is it about Korean cars that they always seem to have elements of other cars running through them? The overall effect though is still very striking.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had already seen pics of the planned interior of the EV6 before pre-ordering the Ioniq 5 P45. Horses for courses and all that but the EV6 cabin and driver set up was so “conventional”. I was sold on the Ioniq as it was a brighter, airier cabin with an open plan cabin especially at the front just like my dearly departed BMW i3. If a car is an EV it should play to its strengths and the properly flat floor front and rear, with no need for a central (non existent transmission!) tunnel is one of those strengths. Still a nice looking car though and with the same/similar spec as the Ioniq will be another compelling EV choice. Renault e-Megane just announced earlier this evening with a supposed WLTP of 290+ miles. Probably a bit cheaper than the Korean cousins but still a practical size. There really will be a lot of EV choice over the coming months and years.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,187 Posts
I had already seen pics of the planned interior of the EV6 before pre-ordering the Ioniq 5 P45. Horses for courses and all that but the EV6 cabin and driver set up was so “conventional”. I was sold on the Ioniq as it was a brighter, airier cabin with an open plan cabin especially at the front just like my dearly departed BMW i3. If a car is an EV it should play to its strengths and the properly flat floor front and rear, with no need for a central (non existent transmission!) tunnel is one of those strengths. Still a nice looking car though and with the same/similar spec as the Ioniq will be another compelling EV choice. Renault e-Megane just announced earlier this evening with a supposed WLTP of 290+ miles. Probably a bit cheaper than the Korean cousins but still a practical size. There really will be a lot of EV choice over the coming months and years.
It didn’t take me long to get over the flat floor thing when I had my i3 back in 2014!

Seriously, I’m still really surprised this is a ‘thing’, as the CarWow EV6 review pointed out, the floor is flat but it’s also high leaving rear seat passengers with little or no thigh support from the seats. Masses of knee room, but no space to stretch out your feet?

All cars are a compromise somewhere, admittedly, but it’s easy to get carried away with seemingly big features that have little value back in the real world.

·
Registered
BMW i3
455 Posts
It didn’t take me long to get over the flat floor thing when I had my i3 back in 2014!

Seriously, I’m still really surprised this is a ‘thing’, as the CarWow EV6 review pointed out, the floor is flat but it’s also high leaving rear seat passengers with little or no thigh support from the seats. Masses of knee room, but no space to stretch out your feet?

All cars are a compromise somewhere, admittedly, but it’s easy to get carried away with seemingly big features that have little value back in the real world.
For me the flat floor has great value, in the real world! I’d struggle to cope without one now.

Children (or adults) can get out of either side far more easily, inc the front, which is useful in certain situations.

And if you’re unlucky to be the middle rear passenger you don’t have to straddle the transmission tunnel.

I looked at replacing our flat floored ICE recently and was shocked at how uncomfortable it was in the middle rear of an Octavia, the Superb also had a huge tunnel - so that rendered a nearly 5m car to being essentially a 4 seater (save short journeys).

Octy also had a really thinly padded backrest in the rear middle (due to ski hatch) - ID.3 is similarly afflicted, apart from the Life, if I get one it’d have to be the base spec which is unfortunate.

Obviously some of the above doesn’t matter if you only have 4 occupants, but we have 5 (or 6) fairly frequently in our ICE (not the i3!).

·
Registered
481 Posts
Very positive review from Evo on the EV6, particularly on the driving experience. Given that I’m moving from the I-Pace which is widely regarded as one of the best electric drivers cars, I’m really rather reassured by their comments.
No video, just good fashioned text!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts