Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many Thanks Hermit Dave, I’ll give it a try tomorrow (later today, just noticed the time). Appreciate your help and advice.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,398 Posts
Personally I found Android app connectivity easier / more reliable than iOS.
I was thinking of opening iPhone 11 Pro sitting on the shelves when I decided to leave it there a bit longer just because of Outlander app

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally I found Android app connectivity easier / more reliable than iOS.
I was thinking of opening iPhone 11 Pro sitting on the shelves when I decided to leave it there a bit longer just because of Outlander app

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
I’m an Apple girl through and through, I tried Android a few years ago but couldn’t get on with it so went back to apple. :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Did it work? Apple introduced some security measures in iOS14 which can cause problems, including the 'Private Address' issue in your error message. Have a look at section E5 in Richi's FAQ's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did it work? Apple introduced some security measures in iOS14 which can cause problems, including the 'Private Address' issue in your error message. Have a look at section E5 in Richi's FAQ's
Thanks for the link, I’ve not had a chance to try again since last message. I’ll have a go over the weekend.
Many thanks, lex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Successfully added at last.

Husband gets all the credit for getting my iPhone connected to my car.

I followed Richi’s instructions (many thanks Richi) as given Here to reset and delete any previously paired/attached devices.

Whilst sat in the car I manually added the network in ‘other’ on iPhone WiFi settings with SSID and password as on my paperwork. Husband said this overwrites the saved data that I couldn’t remove from my phone.

I now have a working app.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
We just had our 2016 PHEV serviced and part of that was a software upgrade that changed the SSID and password of the car. We also downloaded a new iOS app for the car that looks prettier, but is less intuitive.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts