Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got me thinking about the implications for the ZS. Such as, will a poor thatcham rating push up insurance if tested, as I can't imagine the ZS keyless entry will be much different to the HS.

Mind you, I don't think the car thieves round here are competent enough, but a rfid blocker case might not be a terrible idea for more urban areas.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I can imagine the insurance companies will insist on rf blocking key wallets because of this, but hard to prove the owner isn't using one.
I think EVs are less likely to be stolen because many have remote apps allowing tracking, or, a thief would end up on cctv trying to get an Ecotricity charger to work then vandalizing it in frustration!

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,030 Posts
I can imagine the insurance companies will insist on rf blocking key wallets because of this, but hard to prove the owner isn't using one.
I think EVs are less likely to be stolen because many have remote apps allowing tracking, or, a thief would end up on cctv trying to get an Ecotricity charger to work then vandalizing it in frustration!
You'd thinks wouldn't you.

After someone broke into my house to steal the keys of my Golf GTE (they failed), I had a conversation with the Crime Prevention Officer pointing out how useful the VW app could be. He was interested and went back to the stolen car squad who said they would discount anything like that which could be turned off from inside the car.

I don't know how to turn it off but a well briefed car thief probably would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts