Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
That is very interesting. When I get the graph done I'll have to make sure I highlight these quick journeys.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Leaf,40,17,2,116
Interesting thing here is that, for my driving style, motorway range is more or less the same as mixed driving. When I say mixed driving, this consists of 3 or 4 20 mile trips with the rest in 4 to 10 mile trips spread over 3 or 4 days

·
Registered
271 Posts
120 Ah i3s, 100% to 11% 127 miles, mostly 63 mph cruise (at that speed the predicted range was stable at 20 miles over distance home). Did this in one hit, heating on 19C but did have to warm it up when my cold nlodded wife woke up. Ambient temp below 10C, heavy rain in patches on the way down. For info, we reached 20% after 108 miles.

The trip up was a bit thirstier, we stopped earlier for a rapid top up just in case. Half way up, the wind got up and it was really noticeable how the predicted range buffer was shrinking when running at a similar speed to the return trip, when the wind was helping, but much lighter.

So many variables, I had thought this type of distance would be easy, but apparently not.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Thanks Eoin. Had to look that up to see its 42kWh. I will include that and all the data you provide in a comparrison of real life ranges I am producing and will post here, but to make it meaningful we need more data. I think the factors affecting range are often discussed and it is not easy to include all of them in the summary I am producing. I hope to keep things as simple as possible.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Leaf40,15,1,116 - motorway and A road but not booting it - 60 - 65 with over 70 for some overtaking

Leaf40,11,1,114,96-16 - motorway and A roads, a bit slower (58-62 with some slipstreaming) on the way back from Broadstairs for the first half and then 65-70 once knew I had plenty oc capacity to get home.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Yesterday:
Leaf24,5,2,51,100-23 6 short journeys spread throught the day, the last two in the dark with outside temp at 2 degC on arriving home.

Today:
Leaf24,7,2,32,80-28

·
Registered
131 Posts
Finally managed to get a result I can use for this - actually went down to 23% but that was near enough to adjust reliably to your 100-20 format.

Leaf,40,12,3,93

Which isn’t very impressive. However, it includes quite a lot of time with the heater on, often in windscreen clearing mode and for a few minutes before setting off. 3 because mostly local town driving, but there are some 10 mile or so dual carriageway bits in it. I also live up a bit of a hill which doesn’t help...

Don’t know about others, but I actually find motorway or uninterrupted dual carriageway driving at 60mph or less a lot more efficient than the inevitable stop/start of urban driving.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Leaf 62,30,1,195 (242 total miles on the charge)
Leaf 62,25,1,198 (224 miles to 10%)
Leaf 62,12,1, 190 (224 miles to 5-6%) - drove faster on motorway compared to previous run as I had a known buffer.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Thanks Astolat and HD.
I'm finding range dropping off quite quickly with the lower temperatures as well and oddly there seems little difference in my range for motorway (I drive fairly frugally) and the mixed driving which I do most of which is a mixture of 4 mile, 10 mile and 20 mile journeys. I know there can be differing opinions as to how best to show ranges for our EV's and I was really hoping to get more than just Leaf owners to contribute (yes, there have been a few) but I will persevere until I get a full year of data. After that I just wonder how we can get data from other EV's.
My latest, not very impressive - Leaf,40,11,2,100

@Astolat. I think I said earlier it is OK to present data which is not 100% to 20% - just put the actual percentages after a comma ie ,98-17 or ,100-11 and I will make the calculation but if you've already done that its fine.

ETA - Just spotted DoughWantsALeaf (and it looks like he's got one) adding some very impressive figures. I guess from somewhere warmer than here. Great stuff and please provide more as and when. I have to admit to being more than a little envious, and it's making me thinking about upgrading.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts